Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Hi everyone.

I am trying to install Windows in Parallels, but I am getting an error all the time saying:

"The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system".

This keeps on popping up and does not install Windows.

Am I missing something? Are there any mods that I need to do to install Windows via Parallels?

Anyone can help?

Hi everyone. Could you please let me know your thoughts on this? I still cannot install Windows.

Same issue here, thing is I imagine your K model Cpu does not support virtualization, and if it does my understanding is that Sierra on our hacks does not meaning in order to even boot up you would have to add the boot argument dart=0, issue with that is, assuming you have support for virtualization on a hardware level dart=0 disables intel VT-d which I have found is needed for parallels to properly "emulate" the hardware to in a sense tell the windows VM what it has to work with for hardware. Since without that it should think that no such hardware exists. Ergo you cannot emulate a computer without a cpu is most likely the issue. Keep in mind though my test is done on Osx 10.9.5 which still has support for intel VT-d by either not adding dart=0 under boot arguments or in my case starting the system by manually at boot typing dart=1. Adding VT-d back to my setup seems to have fixed my issue, keep in mind too though my CPU is a 3700 NON K model which is perfect for VM back in the day. So to put it short my understanding because of kernel panics etc you are quite literally SOL when it comes to running that there pretty VM. Simply because hacks past osx 10.9 no longer support VT-d and if anyone can prove otherwise not through hypotheticals i would be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back