Contribute
Register

Parallels Desktop 7 & Chimera 1.9.2 = Hyperactive Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
smolderas said:
What I'm interested is, are other macosx processes effected by this bug?

I agree. You wonder what other apps may use these timing settings and be out of sync.

I have this exact issue.

Going to search for a earlier release of Chimera.

As mentioned this is with Parallels 7 (Windows 7).

Update: Found 1.9.1 and rolled back and this fixed the issue completely.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Edit: Just a bit more detail. The VM OS in Parallels performed quite odd. Overall execution seemed to be VASTLY slower, but the animation and timing of events were effectively taken to zero. Thus, animations weren't really animations, but super-fast choppy renderings. I actually powered off the machine while testing various settings (w/out actually shutting down) and the boot screen after than which is supposed to have a 30 second countdown when from 30 to 0 basically instantly.

Very odd indeed. However, speed was awful. Boot time went from roughly 3 minutes (1.9.2) to ~8 seconds (1.9.1).

I have the same problem :(

i7-2600k OC to 4.5G
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Lion 10.7.4
Parallel 7 with Windows 7 Professional

Generally the system is extremely slow, however when playing video file (watching YouTube for example), it feels like fast-forwarding....

I found the CPU speed is reading wrong in Windows 7:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @3.40GHz 218 MHz

I think Windows is reading the CPU at 218MHz?????

It is really annoying ever since I upgraded to 10.7.4; it might have something to do with power management since I am still using DropSSDT rather than the co-called Permanent solution to the CPU stuck in 1.6GHz issue for i7 2600k on Tony's recent blog, since the new "solution" does not work for me :(

I just installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit under VMware Fusion 4.1.2 and no issues with Windows running fast. The system is a GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-2600K Overclocked to 4.2 GHz, 16GB RAM. The Windows Pro 7 VM has 4 cores and 8 GB allocated to it.

So no issues with a old install of Windows XP or a brand new Windows 7 Pro install.

Have your thought about reinstalling Parallels? It sounds like the issue is with it and not Chimera.

think it might really have something to do with the Chimera 1.9.2 ...

I managed to find the old version (1.9.1) and installed it, now everything goes back to normal (Control Panel of Win 7 in Parallel 7 shows normal CPU frequency now)

The above is the only change I've made

It's definitely chimera 1.9.2. I have the same version of parallels on my MacBook. And its working perfectly.

With chimera 1.9.1 it's working on my hackintosh too.

By the way, I tried to reinstall parallels and my vms too (win7 and ubuntu12.04).

And there is nothing else reported in parallels forums,that it could be a Parallels problem. And I don't think you can Compare it with fusion. Although they use same technologies, they do it in other ways. I'm not sure, but do fusion use XEN?

fallever said:
I have the same problem :(

i7-2600k OC to 4.5G
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Lion 10.7.4
Parallel 7 with Windows 7 Professional

Generally the system is extremely slow, however when playing video file (watching YouTube for example), it feels like fast-forwarding....

I found the CPU speed is reading wrong in Windows 7:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @3.40GHz 218 MHz

I think Windows is reading the CPU at 218MHz?????

It is really annoying ever since I upgraded to 10.7.4; it might have something to do with power management since I am still using DropSSDT rather than the co-called Permanent solution to the CPU stuck in 1.6GHz issue for i7 2600k on Tony's recent blog, since the new "solution" does not work for me :(

The new solution doesn't work for me either. I have correct bios settings. Neither the multibeast ssdt, nor my own edited ssdt, which I have from Aida on windows( not VM), are working for me.

I also uninstalled Parallels Desktop 7 and reinstalled it with Chimera 1.9.2 installed and that didn't fix the problem.

You can download a free 14-day trial of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac at http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ if you would like to test it yourself.

I really think it has something to do with Chimera 1.9.2 and I haven't updated to 10.7.4 yet, since I need to use Parallels and Windows 7 on a daily basis.

Is it possible to run 10.7.4 with Chimera 1.9.1 on a Intel i5-2500K with the overclocking fixes? If not, then I won't be able to upgrade until this problem is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back