Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My build has 2 separate NVME drives, one for OS X Monterey and another for Windows 10. I originally created the Windows disk using boot camp, then deleted boot camp and ran it with Parallels for the last 4 years.

I updated open core and I can still boot Windows 10 from the opencors picker menu no problem. Unfortunately I can no longer boot the same partition from Parallels. I now get this error:

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 12.42.52 AM.png

I set it up something like this as best I can remember:

• Create a new VM
  • At the Use Windows from Boot Camp screen select Skip
  • On the Create New screen use the second option: Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or Image file
  • On the next screen click on the bottom left corner Continue without a source, then Continue
  • At the next prompt, select your operating system
  • Select primary use at next prompt to set defaults
  • At the Name and Location screen, click on Customize settings before installation
  • Go to the Hardware tab, select Hard Disk in the left panel, then delete it by clicking on the at the bottom of the side panel and select Move to trash
  • Click on the + beside it and select Hard Drive form the prompt
  • At the prompt, change Type to Boot Camp and select the disk with the OS you want to install along with partitions and click OK
  • In the new VM, add hard disk and select boot camp

I'm having similar issues having just upgraded my Windows SSD to Windows 11. I used the same method you described since Parallels didn't give me the Bootcamp option in the initial setup screen.

This article helps get past that screen you posted: https://kb.parallels.com/en/122735

However, I'm stuck at this screen and don't know what to do.
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 13.05.02.png

I seem to have fixed it. Adding the flag (vm.bios.efi=0) in the KB post fixed the issue in the original post, but then removing the flag after attempting to boot fixed the "No boot device..." issue I had.
Doesnt work for me. I juggled the options but seems it doesnt recognize my nvme windows disk even though its selected in the configuration...

Back