Contribute
Register

Papageientaucher's Silent Lightroom Build: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH - GTX670 - 3770K

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks - but toleda said that there is no fix to the alc898. i will just get used to xmbc i guess..
OK then, sorry for misleading you.

btw: I found that VLC player does not output AC3/DTS over HDMI on my Macbook Air whereas XBMC does. Apparently there is some sort of issue with VLC and AC3/DTS passthrough under OSX, even for retail Macs...

Regards

Thank you so much! This seems to have fixed it on my end as well! I tried the Digital audio to Analog converter, but it added a ton of noise to the signal which made it even worse than dealing with the popping. Thanks again!

Thanks for making this post. I'm glad I read it, as this will solve my speakers "popping" after prolonged silence. After changing the profile to the latest Mac Pro, is there anything that significantly changes? Thanks again for the informative post.

Just an FYI for anyone looking to change their system description. I was running system definition iMac 12,2 and tried switching over to MacPro 5,1, but once I restarted my system I got a kernel panic and the system would not boot. I found a way to revert to system definition iMac 12,2 and it rebooted fine. I now changed my system definition to MacPro 3,1 and it seems to be running fine.

After some reading I think I found that Ivy Bridge Processors are not support in MacPro 4,1 or MacPro 5,1. If you really want to run those system definitions there are ways around the issue, but apparently it is not really worth it.

Now I hope this fixes the speaker popping issue that used to bug the heck out of me.

Hope this helps anyone looking into this fix.

Just an FYI for anyone looking to change their system description. I was running system definition iMac 12,2 and tried switching over to MacPro 5,1, but once I restarted my system I got a kernel panic and the system would not boot. I found a way to revert to system definition iMac 12,2 and it rebooted fine. I now changed my system definition to MacPro 3,1 and it seems to be running fine.

After some reading I think I found that Ivy Bridge Processors are not support in MacPro 4,1 or MacPro 5,1. If you really want to run those system definitions there are ways around the issue, but apparently it is not really worth it.

Now I hope this fixes the speaker popping issue that used to bug the heck out of me.

Hope this helps anyone looking into this fix.

If you want to use the Mac Pro 5,1 system definition you need to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext before rebooting. This will prevent the kernel panic.

IIRC, Mac Pro 4,1 & 5,1 have ECC RAM which is the cause of problems for Hacks that use those System Definitions using non ECC RAM.

Is there an advantage to switching to system definition 4,1 or 5,1?

Figured I'd let you guys know - 10.8.3 is running smooth (clean installation, not updated)!
I updated the guide with what I found were the ideal settings for 10.8.3
Good Luck!

To get your MAS purchased application to show up for another download is to hold down the Option key and click on the Purchases icon at the top of the screen in the App Store window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back