Contribute
Register

Panic when trying to boot with Clover, works with OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all. I'm facing a stange problem again. I have 11.0.1 installed onto an external drive and everything works using OC but I get this kernel panic every time I try to boot using Clover:
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 10.13.16 AM.png

"Rooting from the live fs of a sealed volume is not allowed on a release build" makes me think there's something wrong with Clover and Big Sur's Signed System Volume system. Is there any solution for this?

Attachments

• BS problem reporting.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
Same problem. Did you find any solution?

with clover, Catalina or old ---> manual update to Big Sur --> It's possible
but disk structure is same as Catalina (no SSV).
this disk can't boot with OC.
and Soft update is not possible because there is a problem with authentication

if install big sur with OC, this disk can't boot with clover
clover can't read SSV..

Don't use clover in big sur until this is fixed.
(Tested on 4 laptops)

why do you still need Clover?

Hi all. I'm facing a stange problem again. I have 11.0.1 installed onto an external drive and everything works using OC but I get this kernel panic every time I try to boot using Clover:View attachment 499741
"Rooting from the live fs of a sealed volume is not allowed on a release build" makes me think there's something wrong with Clover and Big Sur's Signed System Volume system. Is there any solution for this?
Hello, i have same problem using clover and due to hp bios bug with oc also need to boot using usb.
Did you find any solution with clover ?

Any update on this apart from booting from Preboot? Still encountering this same issue with r5128. OC boots into Big Sur just fine with SecureBootModel set to j213 for my Laptop, matching SMBIOS.

Hi all. I'm facing a stange problem again. I have 11.0.1 installed onto an external drive and everything works using OC but I get this kernel panic every time I try to boot using Clover:View attachment 499741
Best to switch to OC, it has better support for Big Sur and Clover seems very outdated now.

True for the time being. The Clover team are doing their best to catch up. 5129 on the horizon, nightly and RC1 already available.

Success here not just booting Big Sur via OC but now also via latest Clover - brief bulleted summary see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back