Contribute
Register

Panic! OSX 10.13 won't boot anymore after installing Windows 10 and updating drivers on 2nd HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
UHD 630 / RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,

I have a very big problem! My OSX HS install was just fine. Everything was working okay. I had a dual boot with Linux, which was all good.

I've plugged in a 2nd regular 1TB HDD, and installed Windows 10 on it. Initially, Clover saw it, and I was able to boot between either OSX, Linux and Windows just fine also.

Going back to Windows, I decided to install all of my HW Windows 10 drivers from my Gigabyte MB (Z370 Aorus Gaming 5), along with my drivers for my GC-Alpine Ridge card : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-5-rev-10#dl. Installed everything from audio, lan, chipset, usb3.1, and also the Intel Optane memory drivers. I had no idea what the lather was, and after reading on it, removed it from Windows, since I don't use that.

Windows and Linux still boot up no problem. BUT now, my OSX will no longer boot and I can't really see what's the problem from the output given during boot. It's stuck at a "Attempting system restart.... MACH reboot" message:

My system is the following:

MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 5 Series Noir 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
HDD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1To (OSX / Linux) + a second regular sata 1To HDD on which I installed Windows 10 alone
TB3 : GC-Alpine Ridge V2

I'm in big trouble here: I'm supposed to use my OSX install for a big job starting next Monday for about 1 month... I MUST be able to boot my OSX ... :(

I'm sharing along my config.plist, but also my hole EFI folder.

As info, everything was working in my OSX install: USB3.1, Blutooth, Intel GPU, Audio, etc.

Any ideas as to what the hell happened here? Can anyone urgently help ?? I'm desperate here :)

Million thanks!!!
Pat

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 134
  • EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 143
Moved to Multi Booting.

UPDATE: I think I fixed it ! Seems like installing Intel Optane Memory (even though removing right after in windows 10) messed up my BIOS configs!

Under SATA and RST Configuration, the SATA Mode selection was set to: Intel RST With Intel Optane....

I changed the Mode selection to be just AHCI:

Now, should I care about the "Addressive LPM Support" ? No clue what this is, and do not no if I need this enabled or not ? OSX boots with it enabled, that I know... Can anyone advise ?

Much thanks again !
Pat

LPM = Link Power Management
"When enabled via the AHCI controller, this allows the SATA host bus adapter to enter a low-power state during periods of inactivity, thus saving energy. The drawback to this is increased periodic latency as the drive must be re-activated and brought back on-line before it can be used, and this will often appear as a delay to the end-user."

If you are not worried about saving power ($ on your power bill) then I would not bother to enable it.

If you are not worried about saving power ($ on your power bill) then I would not bother to enable it.

Awesome ! Thank you very much for this clear anwser! Guess I can close this "case" now. Cheers !! Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back