1. iMac
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm running a clean Lion install. When GraphicsEnabler is enabled, it panics right before it would go from verbose boot output to the gray apple screen. Usually, this immediately follows "DSMOS has arrived", but occasionally other lines will follow it that usually appear first.

Strangely, my SL install of Chimera, which I used to boot the installer and Lion for setup, booted Lion just fine with GraphicsEnabler, even enabling my card, full res and everything – until I ran MultiBeast on Lion, at which time it failed to boot Lion with GraphicsEnabler.

This strange (to me) set of circumstances has been consistent through close to a dozen install processes, in which I tried every boot option and MultiBeast config I could think of. I tried both EasyBeast and UserDSDT, upgraded my BIOS (and DSDT), fiddled around with various NVIDIA drivers and enablers. At one point I "broke" my graphics so that Lion would boot with GraphicsEnabler but would not enable my card.

I've been trying to get this working for days. Everything else works – network, sound, etc. – but not video. I even tried mucking around with EFI strings, to no effect, just to try to sidestep the GraphicsEnabler issue, but I know that it should be able to run fine with GE; I've been running Snow Leopard for months without problems.

Does anyone have any ideas or insight into what the problem might be? I'm more than willing to try things out, but I've run out of ideas myself.

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3, rev 2.0, F9 BIOS
i5 760
8 GiB RAM
GTX 470

I have absolutely the same problem :(
Everything works fine until I install multibeast on Lion.
Can somebody help to solve it?

I have the similar hardware:
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3, rev 2.0, F9 BIOS
GTX 460

I found a dirty workaround to solve this issue:

1. Install a fresh copy of Lion
2. Run MultiBeast, install the bootloader and dstd/kexts/options as necessary
3. Configure GraphicsEnabler=no
4. Restart and check that you're booting from the Lion bootloader
5. Restart and boot from the Installer partition again
6. Run installation again over your Lion partition
7. Run MultiBeast and configure sound and network

Any news on this? I'm in the same boat, except that after I upgraded to 10.7.1 my installer partition isn't working.

I came up with essentially the same workaround as dns. For your particular issue, I'd recommend trying a repair install and then re-running Chameleon. It's likely that this would downgrade you to 10.7.0.

Currently reinstalling Lion over the top.

I had to downgrade my bootloader in order to get Installer to boot however. The new 4.0.1 would cause it to KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back