1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I follow Tony instruction to apply the tweak. Well this is what I did

- Download Booter_AsereBLN_V1.1.6 from the original author
- Apply boot0 and boot1h with these command through terminal
sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
- copy the Boot from Booter_AsereBLN_V1.1.6 to the Root Snow leopard HDD (i tried every single one of the boot files. and Yes i did rename them to "boot" too)
- Replace the smbois.plist with the one tony provides
- Delete the EvOReboot.kext from extra/extension
- Cache e/e with kext utility
- Already did the other wteak to add UUID (this one works fine)
- Restart

= Get panic all day

my system config is in my signature.

Help please

I had the same problem when I tried to update. I managed to get it to not panic by putting the nullpowermanagement.kext back in but I was not left with a totally functional install. Shutdown, sleep, and restart were not working properly. I ended up replacing the boot file with the modified rc3 from the tonymac boot cd which has been working fine for me. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about this figures out what the problem is because I am sure the updated version in theory could run a lot cleaner.

try PCIRootUID=1 in com.apple.boot.plist. like Tony suggested to the other guy

it works ... Yes . But then sound is gone. lol.

Tried back and for 5 times. Same thing happens. Either not working but have sound or working and no sound (by adding PCIRootUID=1)

Same here. UD2 motherboard, 4850 graphics. I get panics at the login screen and bios resets. One other issue is that before the panics I get a usb power warning for the bluetooth adapter which is connected on the hub of an apple keyboard. I get similar warnings in windows but not in osx the way I have it now (with UUID fixed RC4 and Evoreboot). Problem is I like the adapter there cause otherwise I have reception issues from my case to the magic mouse.

I will try the pcirootuid fix and see what happens.

Sorry for the issues everyone- the new booter worked for me, but then again, I don't use graphicsenabler for video- I use NVenabler to get mirroring on my 9400GT. Had the same issue with stock RC4 with GraphicsEnabler.

If you want to try the restart fix only, try this boot

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1364728

It just has the restart fix, but you have to add RestartFix=Yes in com.apple.boot.plist. I don't think there are any other tweaks in this one. Good luck!

Sorry for noob question. This is my 1st ever hackintosh.

what is wrong with Restart in the 1st place? why do we need this restart fix?

*report: tried the restartfix any. -> end up with panic (looks like the problem with graphicsenabler again as well)

Not sure exactly why, but if you didn't have a restart kext your system would hang on logout if you hit restart or shutdown. Now, this fix is integrated into Chameleon so that it's handled by the booter.

PS: I just updated from the 1.1.5 to the 1.1.6 of AsereBLN's booter. Both worked perfectly for me on the UD2. I also added a Themes folder to my Extra folder for the Chameleon GUI. For comparison, here's what I currently have on my EFI partition (or root if you're not using the EFI partition). If you have a UD2, I recommend the following files.

Public/tonymacx86-GA-P55M-UD2-EFI.zip

NOTE: The DSDT has i5 speedstep info- for i7 UD2 speedstep, download this link.
Public/DSDT-P55M-UD2%20-%20SpeedStep.zip

Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Thank you for the explanation tony, I just check the original topic by Aserna. Seem likes ATI has no luck on this fix atm.

I think the problem I encountered comes from the fact that I use graphicsenabler=yes for my ATI 4870. Oh well its just a tweak to get off the restart kertx. No biggie.

1 question. Do you happen to have sleep fix and speedtest DSDT fix for p55-ud4P. I read your speedtest instruction and still have no idea what to do.

Thank you for everything

oitx4nth0ny said:
Thank you for the explanation tony, I just check the original topic by Aserna. Seem likes ATI has no luck on this fix atm.

I think the problem I encountered comes from the fact that I use graphicsenabler=yes for my ATI 4870. Oh well its just a tweak to get off the restart kertx. No biggie.

1 question. Do you happen to have sleep fix and speedtest DSDT fix for p55-ud4P. I read your speedtest instruction and still have no idea what to do.

Thank you for everything

Just added i7 SpeedStep info to this P55-UD4P DSDT from the DSDT Database. Use with care!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 137
oitx4nth0ny said:
Seem likes ATI has no luck on this fix atm.

Ok then, not going to waste any more time on it. Besides, I have no complaints with my system as it is. Sleep is not working (garbled screen after wake) but I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back