Contribute
Register

Panic GT710 with Catalina (NB Acer V5-571G)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer something
CPU
i5-3337U
Graphics
HD 4000 + GT 710M
Hi!
First of all sorry for my English.

I have Acer notebook with core i5 and GT710.
Mojave work perfect, but when I try upgrade or new install Catalina I have error:

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8aabac31): "virtual bool IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine::display_mode_did_change(uint32_t): vendor driver returns false"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOAcceleratorFamily_kexts/IOAcceleratorFamily-438.2.8/Kext2/IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine.cpp:267

There are no errors during the installation process.
This is error I see after complete install Catalina, and try boot from Catalina partition (I use config.plist from Mojave).
This is error I see after complete install Catalina, and try boot from Catalina partition (I use config.plist from Mojave).

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm having similar issues on my z68 desktop system, my primary work computer. If the system is up and running for lengthier periods of time, it's just a matter of time before the system will spontaneously reboot. I also see kernel panics sometimes when trying to shut down the computer. The system ends up rebooting instead of shutting down due to the kernel panic.

A google search of "IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine.cpp" shows a number of official Mac users also having issues with this. One person in Apple's discussions noted that they completely wiped their iMac with no peripherals or apps installed and they were still seeing these kinds of issues with "IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine.cpp" showing up in the panic reports. It seems as though it might be an issue specific to Catalina and I'm hoping perhaps the newly released 10.15.3 will help resolve it.

Install 15.3 and have the same error in first boot after install.

Can anybody give me config.plist for Catalina with Nvidia card? What kind of drivers I must install?

Install 15.3 and have the same error in first boot after install.

Can anybody give me config.plist for Catalina with Nvidia card? What kind of drivers I must install?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

hd3000 is not supported on Catalina

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

hd3000 is not supported on Catalina
My CPU Core i5 3337U with HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back