CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
On board Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had my new build up and running a couple of days ago, my monitor was flickering somewhat then I followed the instructions to install graphics drivers and the install multibeast as was shown in a how-to video and link download from here

when I rebooted I got an error about AppleIntelSKLFrameBuffer
see screenshot.

I'm not sure what else to try I tried clover boot with these flags (since I don't have an added graphics card) but it still fails to boot.

GraphicsEnabler=No
nv_disable=1
nvda_drv=0
-x

Asus z170-A ATX DDR4 motherboard
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (16gb x 2) RAM
Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Liquid CPU Cooler
EVGA Supernova G2 850W Fully Modular Power Supply
TP-Link Wireless PCIe Adapter
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III Internal SSD
Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD 512gb (not yet configured only installed)

Attachments

• booterror.png
    booterror.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
when I rebooted I got an error about AppleIntelSKLFrameBuffer
see screenshot.
DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger.

Thanks @BreBo I increased the DVMT to 64M then 128M and no longer getting panic AppleIntelSKLFrameBuffer but now just gets a black screen with it set to either 64 or 128.

Thanks @BreBo I increased the DVMT to 64M then 128M and no longer getting panic AppleIntelSKLFrameBuffer but now just gets a black screen with it set to either 64 or 128.
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

You are a genius. I'm so thankful for your help. I followed the above steps and it's working great now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back