i7-920
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] panic (cpu 7 caller 0xffffff800e9d6a9a)

I tried to install El Capitan on my Dell Studio XPS 9100 using unibeast 6.0.1 and a 16gb USB drive, but when I get to the apple logo it gets stuck for a while and then gives me a panic. (cpu 7 caller)

Specs:
Intel core i7 920
Nvidia 750 ti
16 gb ddr3 ram

Are there any flags I should set? Or am I doing something wrong?

IMG_1371.jpgIMG_1369.jpg

Thats weird, now I'm getting this error, panic (cpu 5 caller 0xffffff8013dd6a9a) all I did was unplug all the usb devices except my keyboard, mouse, and usb drive.

EDIT: it again went to cpu caller 7, whats going on?

2nd EDIT: I booted it again and I got a cpu caller 2, this is really weird because I didn't change anything I just tried to boot the installer again.

The cpu caller changes each time it crashes while loading the installer, is the number significant? If so why does the cpu caller keep changing? E.g. Panic (CPU Caller 1) next boot Panic (CPU Caller 7)

Your GPU requires the nvidia web drivers. Try booting with the boot flag, nv_disable=1

Ok so I used the nv_disable=1 flag but still got a panic
IMG_1422.jpg

EDIT: I heard some people recommend to remove the nvidia graphics card while installing and using the integrated graphics until the install is done, would this help?

After inspecting the image it looks like it was a Kernel Trap, does anyone know what could have caused the Kernel Trap? Are there any flags I should use?

Ok so I used the nv_disable=1 flag but still got a panic

EDIT: I heard some people recommend to remove the nvidia graphics card while installing and using the integrated graphics until the install is done, would this help?

This could definitely help, while nv_disable=1 prevents the native nvidia drivers from loading, it does not always correct the issue. Are you trying any other boot flags?

I tried -x -v and (the rest of these I don't remember exactly) cpus=4 maxmem=4096 and GraphicsEnabler= (I tried yes and no)

For future GraphicEnabler= is not a valid boot argument for Clover. Try pulling the GPU and initializing the IGFX in the BIOS. See if that gets you any further.

Edit**
Please add your specific hardware to your profile so that I and other do not have to continue to reference post #1.

Also, when you post a screen pic of the verbose boot screen, include the entire screen.

Ok, I added the model of my i7 onto my profile i hope that helps, also with the initializing IGFX in my bios won't be possible because i'm using a dell (and I hope I don't offend anyone) but the bios in dell computers are udder crap, there seems to be no settings for anything other than changing the boot order, I was thinking of flashing the bios with a custom rom to get more settings but I am reluctant because I don't want to brick my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back