Contribute
Register

Panic(cpu 5 caller) system freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

So I tried updating the OC from 6.3 to 7.3... however when I replaced the EFI folder, I could not get my MacOS to boot up. Only reset NVRAM was available option.

I'm quite uncertain why should this be the case when the original EFI was working fine. Hope some one could offer some help here.

I'm uploading the new EFI folder here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    10 MB · Views: 33
You shouldn't have USBInjectAll.kext and USBPorts.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Remove USBInjectAll.kext from the kexts folder and its corresponding config.plist entry.

You shouldn't have Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit enabled when using USBPorts.kext, disable the quirk in your config.plist.

The Misc > Boot > PickterAttibutes entry is normally set as '17' you have it set as '1' in your config.

You might want to replace OpenHfsPlus.efi which resides in your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder with HfsPlus.efi, which can be found in the /OcBinaryData-master/Drivers folder. HfsPlus.efi is a better driver.

These incorrect settings/kexts may have been preventing the system from showing your USB installer or macOS drive.

In addition to the above, you shouldn't have both kernel quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock enabled but only the latter; the former is for older systems. Disable AppleCpuPmCfgLock.

You shouldn't have USBInjectAll.kext and USBPorts.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Remove USBInjectAll.kext from the kexts folder and its corresponding config.plist entry.

You shouldn't have Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit enabled when using USBPorts.kext, disable the quirk in your config.plist.

The Misc > Boot > PickterAttibutes entry is normally set as '17' you have it set as '1' in your config.

You might want to replace OpenHfsPlus.efi which resides in your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder with HfsPlus.efi, which can be found in the /OcBinaryData-master/Drivers folder. HfsPlus.efi is a better driver.

These incorrect settings/kexts may have been preventing the system from showing your USB installer or macOS drive.
Hi thanks for the pointers.
I have made changes based on your recommendations. Everything seems ok until when I replaced OpenHfsPlus.EFI with HfsPlus.EFI in the drivers folder.

While booting the error “cannot locate OpenHfsPlus.efi” occurs.
Do I need to modify the config file for this too?

Thank you

Of course! Config.plist should describe SSDTs, kexts and drivers as they are in the OpenCore folder, so if you change from OpenHfsPlus.efi to HfsPlus.efi the Driver section has to reflect it. You may edit config.plist directly, but it's generally best to always use the Clean Snapshot function in ProperTree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back