Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7559
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M, 1080p
After I leave my laptop on for about 25 or so minutes a bunch of lines of code pop up and the computer shuts down. After i restart OS X it says that it shutdown because of an error and it says in the report Kernel Panic cpu 0. I don't have the exact report right now but will post it when it reoccurs.

After I leave my laptop on for about 25 or so minutes a bunch of lines of code pop up and the computer shuts down. After i restart OS X it says that it shutdown because of an error and it says in the report Kernel Panic cpu 0. I don't have the exact report right now but will post it when it reoccurs.

Post panic report as ZIP.

Attached is the Report, it took about an hour to crash and when I restarted to obtain the crash report it again crashed after it was fully booted for say 10 seconds. View attachment Panic Report.zip

Attached is the Report, it took about an hour to crash and when I restarted to obtain the crash report it again crashed after it was fully booted for say 10 seconds. View attachment 173999

The panic is due to USB WiFi drivers. USB WiFi not recommended. The drivers are of poor quality.

See FAQ for compatible PCIe WiFi.

Ok, the reason why I'm using a usb wifi is since its actually my laptop, but thanks for the info.

Oh sorry I should have liberated on that, by saying its a laptop I meant that i don't know if there was another solution to fix the wifi. I went out and bought the usb wifi, my intergrated wifi is an Intel dual band wireless which is not supported so I though usb wifi was the way to go and the only way.

Oh sorry I should have liberated on that, by saying its a laptop I meant that i don't know if there was another solution to fix the wifi. I went out and bought the usb wifi, my intergrated wifi is an Intel dual band wireless which is not supported so I though usb wifi was the way to go and the only way.

USB WiFi not recommended.

Best result with supported PCIe WiFi. See recommendations/info in FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks for the link, as it stands i will live with the usb wifi for now. At a future date i may switch to the one suggested in the form you linked(BCM94352HMB), that is when the integrated skylake graphics are fully supported by OS X. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the link, as it stands i will live with the usb wifi for now. At a future date i may switch to the one suggested in the form you linked(BCM94352HMB), that is when the integrated skylake graphics are fully supported by OS X. Thanks again for the help.

Just a guess... newer computers (and yours is really new) are using NGFF, not half-mini PCIe, so you would likely need BCM94352Z, not BCM94352HMB.

You should verify with physical inspection and by reading your service manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back