i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
A while ago I updated my Hackintosh to Big Sur. It was working well, but I wanted to upgrade to 11.4. The upgrade process wasn't working for me, so I decided to wipe my drive and do a fresh installation. I created a USB installation stick and performed the installation. All went well, or so I thought.

Now when I choose to boot Mac OSX from the Clover menu I almost immediately get a panic and restart soon after the Apple logo and progress bar appear. The panic is attached. If I hit F3 on the Clover screen I have the option to boot Mac OSX via Preboot. Choosing this allows the system to start up in Big Sur 11.4 and the computer seems to work fine.

I'm using the same Clover configuration that I used with my previous installation of Big Sur. It is also attached (S/N fudged).

System is an Asus Maximus IX Apex mainboard with an i7700K CPU, 16 gig of memory and an 8GB MD RX590 video card.

Attachments

• Panic.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 37
  • config.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 28
A while ago I updated my Hackintosh to Big Sur. It was working well, but I wanted to upgrade to 11.4. The upgrade process wasn't working for me, so I decided to wipe my drive and do a fresh installation. I created a USB installation stick and performed the installation. All went well, or so I thought.

Now when I choose to boot Mac OSX from the Clover menu I almost immediately get a panic and restart soon after the Apple logo and progress bar appear. The panic is attached. If I hit F3 on the Clover screen I have the option to boot Mac OSX via Preboot. Choosing this allows the system to start up in Big Sur 11.4 and the computer seems to work fine.

I'm using the same Clover configuration that I used with my previous installation of Big Sur. It is also attached (S/N fudged).

System is an Asus Maximus IX Apex mainboard with an i7700K CPU, 16 gig of memory and an 8GB MD RX590 video card.
issue with:
com.apple.filesystems.apfs

may be best to move over to OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back