Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Panasonic CF30 MK2 Toughbook. Lets get a guide going... The good thing with all toughbooks of the same model, they have no upgrade options for video/audio and use standard Intel junk

Im a Hackintosh N00b But have done one Dell with great success due to a fellow
poster here on Tonymac.

Im using iBoot to boot to the 10.6 DVD and installing now!

After installing 10.6
WTF!!
Video:yes
Audio:yes
BT:Yes
TOUCHSCREEN:YES (WTF???)
KeyBoard:Yes
Touchpad:No
56K:NO
SATA ICH8-M:YES
WiFi: No Because of Intel 4965 Card (will swap later)
LAN:no

Updating to 10.6.6 + Easy beast now (will edit when done) (i Smell a donation to this site from me commin..)

Multibeast options: Easybeast, FakeSMC + Plugins, Customization-System definetions-MacBook Pro, all OSx86 software. TESTING NOW

On reboot, I lost Keyboard, Screen was split in 1/2 (looked mirrored) fixed in system prefs Display and set to 1024x768 and set it to 100Hz :p

ran multibeast again: Drivers-misc-voodoo ps/2 controller ->reboot Brought back keyboard & lost audio Still no touchpad.

Ran multibeast again. VoodooHDA 0.2.72 ->reboot brought my audio back

Ran Kext Utility in Applications folder. Reboot- Touchpad works.

Installed kext for marvell ethernet rebooted- works
http://www.multiupload.com/9HEZCUI4DQ Link to ethernet kext

Installed VooDoo Battery-reboot-> now battery / charger indicator works (EVEN BOTH BATTERIES!!!)

Anyone care to add?

EDIT---
I will be updating this guide soon, as I have found some bugs to iron out.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing more about this. The laptop I'm trying to get up and running currently is my CF-30 Mk1. So far having some issues with kernel panic errors but hopefully I can have as much luck as you guys lol :p

<<Ran Kext Utility in Applications folder. Reboot- Touchpad works.>>

Hi,
I have w8 toughbook. The touch pad works but it goes crazy, open folders, jump all over the place. Do you have this problem?

Wurlreviews

<<Ran Kext Utility in Applications folder. Reboot- Touchpad works.>>

What exactly did you do? I have W8. I ran Kext Utility. But touchpad still acts crazy.

Hello
I have six CF-30s that I need to get up and running for the guys here at work. I have one CF30 htat I have been using and it just caught a "cold" so I reimaged the hard drive and its back up and runs great.

my problem is the other CF-30s I cannot get my HP protable drive or my Iomega external drives to reconize on system. I have tried to swap out hard drives, format them using the one laptop that works. the drives format but when i pull them out and place them in other machines they cant get past splash screen... any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks Bob

You're guide with post installation suggestions for a Panasonic Toughbook were very useful. I have a CF-51 and so far so good with the build. Currently running OS X 10.6.8 and the only tweak after running EasyBeast was to install the PS/2 keyboard kext. It returned functionality to the keyboard and the touch pad. Thanks for posting.

I have a ToughBook CF-30 MK2. All I can get is a kernel panic as soon as I hit the enter key after inserting the SL disk. Which iBoot should I be using? Or is it something else?

i was able to load el capitan on it and now getting same as you now fixing keyboard and trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back