Contribute
Register

Pale's Build: Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD5H - 16GB RAM - GTX 660 OC GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any specifics with the bios settings?
See my BIOS set up in my Thunderball build description (link in signature block) which will work for the UD5H motherboard.

I have the same basic build and everything but audio is working great. However I'm trying to get the second NIC running and cannot seem to figure how.

Anyone got the dual ethernet working

Jeff

I have an almost identical build list, the only difference being a GTX 680 2GB. The build has worked out almost perfectly, except for one tough little problem. If you attempt to play an iTunes movie trailer, the system does a hard lockup, and not even the reset button will restart it, it requires the power button to be pressed for a few seconds. If I disable the IGP and just use the GTX 680, this doesn't happen, but then no Airplay support. I'm a pretty experienced hackintosh builder, been in it since 2006. I don't need anybody to try and diagnose my problem, I've tried dozens of different fixes. What I would like to ask, is if you have the same setup, that is the same motherboard and CPU, can you play an iTunes movie trailer?

Mavericks 10.9 Retail
GA-Z87X-UD5H (tried both F7 and F8c BIOS)
Core i7-4770K
GTX 680 2GB
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 (also tried 8GB, 4GBx2)

Thanks so much for any feedback!

@pcb355,

I think you may get a better response if you create a new thread - I think your question will get low visibility here. Consider posting in Post Installation>Graphics - that way more likely that anyone who has experienced issues will see it. :thumbup:

@the_gael,

The reason I posted it here is that I have many current builds, 5 different MBs, CPUs, video cards, etc, and the problem is only with this one MB/CPU. If I posted in the Post Installation>Graphics section, I'm sure I would get lots of responses that it is working correctly, that's why I posted it here. I'm thinking a number of people with this combination might have the problem but may not realize it if they've never tried playing an iTunes movie trailer. It's obviously not much of a problem, but it's indicative of something not quite right.

I may also post a new thread there as well, if I don't get much response in this particular build thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back