Contribute
Register

PAINLESS SOLUTION for NON WORKING SOUND or AUDIO Realtek ALC 892 ALC 888 ALC 889 ALC 1150 APPLE HDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro 6.1 Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
4 ghz. Core i7 4970K Haswell Clocking in at 4.5
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you're like me, nothing is more maddening in the process of building and maintaining your hackintosh than dealing with sound issues. Even when you do finally get it working, you know you're dreading the next time that little box pops up telling you its time to update OS X, because you know Audio is going right out the window.

I've found this simple $30 solution solves the problem instantly.
It's the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II.
This little gem is a USB Audio Card.
You can find it at New Egg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118007&cm_re=turtle_beach_usb-_-29-118-007-_-Product

Install Steps:
1. Order it from New Egg.
2. Wait for your good UPS delivery person.
3. Plug it into your USB port 2.0 or 3.0 works.
4. Plug in your Green audio cable from your speakers. or Use the digital optical adapter, if you are fancy.
5. Go to System Preferences (under the little apple in the upper left)
6. Select Sound
7. Select USB Sound Device.
8. Start playing some happy music though iTunes, Spotify or your fav music app, cuz you're almost done.
9. Balance the volume on your powered speakers and system volume to a very low output. You may have just been blown across the room like I was at step 8.
10. Enjoy headache free audio!!!!

By the way this also get rid of grounding and system noise in your audio because it's external.

I usually find I don't have much to contribute to this forum because I always struggle though my builds to finally get it working. Notes are just way too all over the place to share how I did it. So this is my contribution! I hope it helps you!

Cheers!

David

This is an alternative not a solution. For those requiring optical/HDMI, 5.1 surround sound audio these forums provide all the steps to get them working. It is simple and works as described. For a Plug and Play alternative.

If you are worried about updates preventing audio, this thread is by far top in my opinion, Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back