Contribute
Register

Packard Bell TK85 - USB issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I'm running the OSx on my windows based laptop. I use the virtual box to other OS within Mac.

Nope, I'm running the OSx on my windows based laptop. I use the virtual box to other OS within Mac.

Why is a virtualbox kext (org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB) loading then ??

How did you install?

I did not installed it manually. i assume that when i installed virtualbox, it installed that kext to control the usb attached to VM's

I did not installed it manually. i assume that when i installed virtualbox, it installed that kext to control the usb attached to VM's

I wonder if it is causing an issue...

Hi!! I also have the pb tk85 but I can not find the kext for ethernet,wireless and sound, can you tell me where to find them? thanks

Hi!! I also have the pb tk85 but I can not find the kext for ethernet,wireless and sound, can you tell me where to find them? thanks

Use DPCIManager to find out what your Ethernet/WiFi devices are.

Best to use patched AppleHDA for audio. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide' and follow the first parts to get your codec id. Maybe you can find one already patched.

thanks, I solved the ethernet and audio but the wifi does not work. I have a packard bell TK85 with AR5B97 wifi card and when I try to activate or click on the wifi icon the computer crashes. What's wrong? :banghead: thanks for your help

thanks, I solved the ethernet and audio but the wifi does not work. I have a packard bell TK85 with AR5B97 wifi card and when I try to activate or click on the wifi icon the computer crashes. What's wrong? :banghead: thanks for your help

Sounds like perhaps you replaced the system drivers for WiFi. Restore the stock kexts and see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

The easiest is to install toledaARPT.kext with Kext Wizard.

ok, where i can find the stock kext? sorry it's my first mac:D

Do a fresh install to another partition. Install from fresh install to your current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back