CPU
E5 2697v2
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Please help me, as I have already searched all here and elsewhere to find and a solution to fix this lockup at the PCI Config area. I have a P9x79-WS board with i7 3930k, BIOS 3401, and 64 Gigs of RAM installed. I tried using the PCIRootUID=1 or 0 and npci=0x2000 or 0x3000 and with no luck at all!

It just hangs up at the PCI Config line and does nothing else. Do I need to update the BIOS to the most current BIOS? Do I have to take out my 64 Gigs of RAM and put in 4 sticks of 1 Gig RAM during install or can I just leave it to 64 gigs?

Okay from my perspective I had an issue similar to this; but in turn I used to get KP, try using -x or UseKernelCache=No run this along side like this -x -v or -v UseKernelCache=No

I hope this helps!

Alright, well that did not work using the "UseKernelCache=No" with the bios 3401. So, knowing that no one has the knowledge to help or just don't care to at this time... I went ahead and updated my bios to the most recent one from ASUS. That bios was 4501 and tried to do the whole install again using this line. " -x -v UseKernelCache=No PCIRootUID=1 " and everything worked!

So for all of you out there who have the same issues... update your bios to 4501 and it will resolve everything. That command line is what I have used and worked for me with the configuration listed above.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back