Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 2047MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I've followed the exact step-by-step guide to install El Capitan on my P9X79 PC but I can't get the installer to start. I got to clover to boot with the USB with OS X. Then I get at the apple logo on black background screen. After a good while, the logo gets underlined by what I could call a loading bar if it ever loaded anything. There's when it crashes. Sometimes it stays like that, others, the PC reboot. I'm not experienced at all since it is my first atempt at Hackintosh-ing.

I've tried Every USB ports available on the build.

Great thanks in advance for all of your help!

Please boot in verbose. (-v) Also, are you using Clover? I would assume you are as that's one of the only boot loaders that can currently boot El Capitan.

Also, please link the guide you used to boot your P9X79.

Hi, thank you for the quick answer

I am using Clover from Unibeasts El Capitan installer.

I used the general tonymacx86 guide to install El Capitan. I also watched some videos and read a couple of different forum post and I know some of them used Kernel flags (I do not know how to use them) but they seems to all be different.

How do I boot in verbose. (-v)?

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model in the system configuration area to the left and/or your signature. It's hard to give you good advice without having that easily available.

To boot verbose, navigate to the Clover menu entry you want to use and hit the space bar and you'll get another menu where you can select verbose. Then post a photo of the screen where it hangs or just before it reboots.

Depending on your hardware, you may need to use some boot flags, such as cpus=1. Once you get into verbose mode you can have a look at the big list of solutions for some flags that might apply, based on what's on the screen when it stops.

Here's my computers hardware from speccy on windows 7:

i7 3820 runing @ 3.60GHz
Sandy Bridge-E 32 nm Technology

8,00 Go Dual Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz
(I think they are kingstons, and i think they are supposed to run at 1 600Mhz)

AsusTek computer inc.
P9X79 Pro LGA 2011

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX660

I didn't had time to try the verbrose boot. I'll have time this weekend.

Here's what my screen looks like before reboot of freezing last time I was trying. Its a reproduction I made in photoshop but it stays like that, the loading bar at the bottom don't change.

screenshop.jpg

thank you for your help!

I ran a quick try tonight so I could take a photo of the verbose. I also tried one in safe mode just in case. Here are the 2 photos I got. I'm sorry for the poor quality, I coun't bother get the big camera out so I just used my old iPhone. I you need more detail I can still do it again.

Thank you so mutch so far for helping me. I know I'm not the most experienced in this.

This one is in verbose:
IMG_0619.jpg
This one is in safe mode
IMG_0633.jpg

Let's start with this:

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model in the system configuration area to the left and/or your signature. It's hard to give you good advice without having that easily available.

Your screen shots show the hang on PCI Configuration Begin, common for X79. After you fix your profile, see the big list of solutions.

Hi i had a issues getting el captain on this system too.
i use bootflags dart=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
i also use nv_disable=1 until i installed my nvidia gfx drivers

but first i had to edit my DSDT to get usb to work.
until i did this part the usb installer would fail.

i then found this solution. Below
i have my DSDT but it's for a P9X79 WS, and it won't work with your pro board,hope it helps

Yosemite i didn't need to edit a DSDT, so have a think about installing Yosemite.

I dumped my DSDT from Clover using F4, and then edited the DSDT as follows:

I had to replace the following text:
EUSB to EHC1
USBE to EHC2
HUBN to RHUB PR10 must be removed completely, otherwise the ports won't work at all. This block surrounds the actual ports (PR30 to PR37)
PR30 through to PR37 then needs to be replaced as PRT1 to PRT8 (do this for both EHC1 and EHC2 sections)

Hi Melcon

I too have the P9X79WS mobo, but can't figure out how to edit the DSDT with MaciASL? I just get errors when I try to save the DSDT.aml.

Can you share your DSDT for this mobo please?

I have successfully upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan but have no working USB ports so can't even login.

Any help much appreciated

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back