Contribute
Register

P9X79 Pro Guide (still a work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much! =) I will also keep looking for possible solutions!
Nope, Didn't work... I really have no idea how to get my computer to work. No one has posted a guide on how to use the 4820k and gtx770. Also everyone I've talked to has ideas that work on other computers but not mine. I'm beginning to think it cant be done with my setup. Please pose here if you find a way to make it work.

Nope, Didn't work... I really have no idea how to get my computer to work. No one has posted a guide on how to use the 4820k and gtx770. Also everyone I've talked to has ideas that work on other computers but not mine. I'm beginning to think it cant be done with my setup. Please pose here if you find a way to make it work.

Still looking X_X

After a few months of looking around and trying different things I have failed to get my computer to work with Mavericks. So, I am going to sell it and instead build this computer http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...v-extreme-32gb-ram-gtx-770-4gb-success-7.html

This computer is a very good alternate to the one that I have built and looks like it will be a much better choice, especially because it was a successful build.

So I followed the instructions on that InsanelyMac guide to the best of my ability, but I got different results then you did, Leumas1311.

I got this instead:
View attachment 77828

Immediately after that I got a black screen for 2 seconds then it flashed to a never ending white screen with no logo at all. The strange thing was that when I got this white screen, I let it sit for a while then I thought "This isn't doing anything" and tried to turn it off using the power button on my case, but it wasn't turning off. I had to hold down the power button on my case for about 3-4 seconds before it shut off. I don't know if that is a big deal, but I thought I'd note it.

Here's the boot flags in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0 </string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Any help? Thanks

I have the same problems as you, except I have a slight different build than you but same Ivy Bridge E, Im still researching how to fix and as soon as I do I will pass the details to you in plain (non cryptic language) as some people like to do in here.

Hi!
I have a P9X79 Pro / i7 3820 / Radeon HD 6450, 16Gb with Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
Yesterday I remove the drive and use another to test if I'm capable to install Mavericks.

Before I start I update BIOS to the latest stable version, 4701.

I boot from the USB with Unibeast straight to the OS installer without any boot flags.
After installation, boot from USB to the Mavericks partition and, again, without boot flags. After Apple logo the display turns light grey, and appear the little black arrow (mouse cursor). Then the desktop appear in a beautiful fade.
Perfect.
Network and Graphics, works perfect.

Now... Multibeast (latest version).
After any Multibeast installation, the system boot, the screen goes light grey, but when it suppose to appear the desktop, it stay grey forever. In some cases (other multibeast combinations), the displays go black... Black and no signal.

I change the Graphic Card (Nvidia GT640) hoping to solve the problem, but the same thing. Reinstalling several times... (I have already made a time machine backup of a fresh install to spend less time waiting, hehehe)

Does anyone experiment the same?
Any suggestions?

Thanks to all!

...Yesterday I remove the drive and use another to test if I'm capable to install Mavericks.

Now... Multibeast (latest version)

Make sure you used MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5.0 rather than MultiBeast for Yosemite.

Thanks Stork, but I was using Mavericks's (latest) Multibeast.

I found the solution.
In the first place, GraphicsEnabler=No was the most significant change from the Unibeast boot.chameleon.plis. in comparison to mine. Then I read in some other topic that my graphics card doesn't need GraphicsEnabler=Yes
And some other things (npci=0x2000, etc)

The dashboard works super fine. Play some movies on 1080p and seems to be all right. I doesn't use this computer for gaming, so I don't have anyone to test (it's used as a Digital Audio Workstation).

USB 3 works.
The new Multibeast doesn't give me the right solution on Audio on-board enabling, so I have to install it from an old Multibeast (6.1.0) No DSDT option, and go well.

The only problem now is this: sometimes we use an additional VGA display, but It gives me only 4:3 resolutions. I think i'm gonna use some resizer application like SwitchResX. Is there a way to do without that application? Changing some HEX file? I'm very rusty with this. I have done some like this before, some years ago with a nVidia Card, but I completely forgot it.

Thanks to all.
.J

jerokohn said:
Thanks Stork, but I was using Mavericks's (latest) Multibeast...
Good...I was confused. Sorry 'bout that.

jerokohn said:
The only problem now is this: sometimes we use an additional VGA display, but It gives me only 4:3 resolutions. I think i'm gonna use some resizer application like SwitchResX. Is there a way to do without that application? Changing some HEX file? I'm very rusty with this. I have done some like this before, some years ago with a nVidia Card, but I completely forgot it.
While some cards do show graphics thru a VGA connector (not recent graphics card, though), Apple does not support VGA monitor connections natively in OS X. You'll need a DVI/HDMI to VGA adapter.

Hi Stork, thanks.

I Have another Hackintosh with HD4600 and when you connect a VGA monitor, It doesn't make anything. Black screen.
But, in this case, the display is recognised, so I think there must be a way... and then, I've found the solution (google).

Go to System Preferences > Displays and I choose "Best for display" in the VGA screen (it goes to the huge 800x600), then I press the "option" key when y click "Scaled" and voilá! In the list of options I've found the one I needed!

Sorry, I know thi is not the post for this, but this complete the process to this P9x79 Pro install.

Thanks to all (Again)!

Folks ,

I get managed to install Yossemite on my P9X79 pro, I get the sound , but when I go in sleep mode , sounds seems no longer working.

Have you got a tips for that ? and how can I get my USB 3 working properly ?

Thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back