Contribute
Register

P9X79 Pro Guide (still a work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed fresh 10.9.2 on my p9x79 pro w 4820k
Almost everything works out of the box (minus graphic power management)

With the latest Web Driver, the system works allot better, but still, graphic power management doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work for me.

You can check out ssdtPRGEN for power support. Ivy Bridge E/EP has native power management since 10.9.2, so it doesn't need the patched kernel and/or NullPowerManagement

Just wondering, what boot loader are you using? Ive tried installing chameleon but have had terrible luck. Ive also not even tried to run multi beast because last time I did it recked my installation. At the moment I can only boot into mavericks using my USB installer thumb drive. Any tips? Getting these things set up seems to have went entirely over my head and any useful threads would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just wondering, what boot loader are you using? Ive tried installing chameleon but have had terrible luck. Ive also not even tried to run multi beast because last time I did it recked my installation. At the moment I can only boot into mavericks using my USB installer thumb drive. Any tips? Getting these things set up seems to have went entirely over my head and any useful threads would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chameleon 2.2 r2377

I guess to put the question better... Does anyone have recommended MultiBeast settings for a px79pro gtx770 intel i74820k build?

The settings are pretty basic, you can try using Mac Pro 6,1 then install the latest Nvidia Web Driver and see how it goes.

Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the audio problems I'm having... I have 10.9.2 running on the P9X79 Pro , with a Intel Core i7-3820, and a GeForce GTX 660 Ti. Everything is running good except my audio seems to be borked. I have tried Voodoo audio, and toldea patched kexts. With his pathced AppleHDA.kext with the HDAEnabler, I get sound if I use the black audio out port, it sounds fine for like 5 min of listening to music, but then everything gets distorted until I turn the audio up and down a couple times. I'm not sure if the problem is some other kexts I tried are messing with it... I thought I uninstalled all of them. Everything else is working so good I don't want to do a clean install just to try and get audio working. Anyone with audio working perfectly let me know exactly what you did to do so. Or if you have any advice that would be great! Thanks!

@esix

I tried running the easy beast settings on Mavericks and now I cannot boot into it. So I decided to reinstall Mavericks using the 10.9.2 installer. You said you installed Mavericks 10.9.2 but you never gave any details. Do I need to replace the kext like in 10.9.1? What boot flags did you use? Thanks!

The fresh install using 10.9.2 worked as is for me
I've booted with

Code:
IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 -v

And also I've removed NullCpuPowerManagement
And used the default kernel, not the patched one

Hey Leumas, did you manage to solve the slow/glitch case?

I'm having the same problem with my build. I'm using the same CPU (i7 4820k) but with a Sabertooth x79 MB. I've got all the other drivers working (Audio, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Graphics Card). Im using the Geforce GTX 770. I booted into installation with "cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000" Even when installing it was very slow.

The only problem after installing is the slow/glitch thing in Mavericks. Also my hackintosh has the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac". It shows that I am using the "Intel Xeon 4.3GHz Quad Core Processor". Are you having the same problem with the CPU information?

I have the same problem as you =( did you get it fixed?

I have the same problem as you =( did you get it fixed?
Not sure yet, I worked on it the other day and have not had a chance to reboot, takes so long, so Ill get back to you today, hopefully I fixed it but I doubt it. This problem is way above my limited computer knowledge.

Not sure yet, I worked on it the other day and have not had a chance to reboot, takes so long, so Ill get back to you today, hopefully I fixed it but I doubt it. This problem is way above my limited computer knowledge.

Thank you very much! =) I will also keep looking for possible solutions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back