Contribute
Register

P9X79 Pro Guide (still a work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Leumas, did you manage to solve the slow/glitch case?

I'm having the same problem with my build. I'm using the same CPU (i7 4820k) but with a Sabertooth x79 MB. I've got all the other drivers working (Audio, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Graphics Card). Im using the Geforce GTX 770. I booted into installation with "cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000" Even when installing it was very slow.

The only problem after installing is the slow/glitch thing in Mavericks. Also my hackintosh has the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac". It shows that I am using the "Intel Xeon 4.3GHz Quad Core Processor". Are you having the same problem with the CPU information?

Does anyone else have the 4 USB3 ports on the P9x79 Pro mobo working? I can only get USB3 working via Zenith 1.2.7 on the front 20 pin header cable. Everything else (sans bluetooth) works great, except for USB3 on all ports.

After an update to 10.9.2, my Hackintosh unfortunately failed to boot. :(

give me a time and I make a video of the entire process using clover :)
The video would be better than a thousand of words! :)))

After an update to 10.9.2, my Hackintosh unfortunately failed to boot. :(
Did you solve this problem?

Is there anyone here with the Asus P9X79 Pro + i7 3930k + Mavericks 10.9.2 who can proof that this version of Mavericks doesn't work with that hardware?

Hey Leumas, did you manage to solve the slow/glitch case?

I'm having the same problem with my build. I'm using the same CPU (i7 4820k) but with a Sabertooth x79 MB. I've got all the other drivers working (Audio, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Graphics Card). Im using the Geforce GTX 770. I booted into installation with "cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000" Even when installing it was very slow.

The only problem after installing is the slow/glitch thing in Mavericks. Also my hackintosh has the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac". It shows that I am using the "Intel Xeon 4.3GHz Quad Core Processor". Are you having the same problem with the CPU information?

Well not really. I did however talk with a guy on another fourm about it and got some helpful information. He said that he was experiencing the same slow graphics I described and fixed it by updating his bios to the latest version and then turning off intel turbo boost under advanced options. I updated my bios but now my motherboard decided to not recognize my SSDs and it now boots funny. Also I can no longer boot into my installation USB thumb drive. I will however mess with it today and see if I can get it to work. Im gunna look back in this thread to where people were posting their BIOS settings and try and redo my BIOS settings from that. Hopefully that will help. Ill also try booting with only the drive I want to boot into connected.

Also I can no longer boot into my installation USB thumb drive.
So I suppose there's no way to boot 10.9.2 with Asus P9X79 Pro + i7 3930k? That's a problem because I'm gonna buy Asus P9X79 Pro + i7 3930k this week :(

What do you this about these devices "Asus P9X79 Pro + i7 3930k"? Is there any common sense to buy it or I need to buy something else for example Asus Rampage IV Extreme?

Did you solve this problem?

Is there anyone here with the Asus P9X79 Pro + i7 3930k + Mavericks 10.9.2 who can proof that this version of Mavericks doesn't work with that hardware?
YES! I can boot into the usb instal thumb drive. After I fixed my bios settings it worked. Unfortunately my system is still running very slow and I continue to have this weird graphical issue.

I've installed fresh 10.9.2 on my p9x79 pro w 4820k
Almost everything works out of the box (minus graphic power management)

With the latest Web Driver, the system works allot better, but still, graphic power management doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work for me.

You can check out ssdtPRGEN for power support. Ivy Bridge E/EP has native power management since 10.9.2, so it doesn't need the patched kernel and/or NullPowerManagement

What is the Web Driver? Sorry for my stupid question, I'm a newbie to Hackintosh. Where can I find the WebDriver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back