Contribute
Register

P9X79 Pro Guide (still a work in progress)

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU
Intel Core i7-4930k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Did you solve this problem?

Is there anyone here with the Asus P9X79 Pro + i7 3930k + Mavericks 10.9.2 who can proof that this version of Mavericks doesn't work with that hardware?
YES! I can boot into the usb instal thumb drive. After I fixed my bios settings it worked. Unfortunately my system is still running very slow and I continue to have this weird graphical issue.

Motherboard
ASUS X99-A, 3701 BIOS
CPU
Intel Core i7-5930k w Corsair H110
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID GAMING
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've installed fresh 10.9.2 on my p9x79 pro w 4820k
Almost everything works out of the box (minus graphic power management)

With the latest Web Driver, the system works allot better, but still, graphic power management doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work for me.

You can check out ssdtPRGEN for power support. Ivy Bridge E/EP has native power management since 10.9.2, so it doesn't need the patched kernel and/or NullPowerManagement

Motherboard
Asus P9X79 Pro
CPU
i7-3930k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
What is the Web Driver? Sorry for my stupid question, I'm a newbie to Hackintosh. Where can I find the WebDriver?

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7-4930k
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've installed fresh 10.9.2 on my p9x79 pro w 4820k
Almost everything works out of the box (minus graphic power management)

With the latest Web Driver, the system works allot better, but still, graphic power management doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work for me.

You can check out ssdtPRGEN for power support. Ivy Bridge E/EP has native power management since 10.9.2, so it doesn't need the patched kernel and/or NullPowerManagement

Just wondering, what boot loader are you using? Ive tried installing chameleon but have had terrible luck. Ive also not even tried to run multi beast because last time I did it recked my installation. At the moment I can only boot into mavericks using my USB installer thumb drive. Any tips? Getting these things set up seems to have went entirely over my head and any useful threads would be appreciated. Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS X99-A, 3701 BIOS
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just wondering, what boot loader are you using? Ive tried installing chameleon but have had terrible luck. Ive also not even tried to run multi beast because last time I did it recked my installation. At the moment I can only boot into mavericks using my USB installer thumb drive. Any tips? Getting these things set up seems to have went entirely over my head and any useful threads would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chameleon 2.2 r2377

I guess to put the question better... Does anyone have recommended MultiBeast settings for a px79pro gtx770 intel i74820k build?

The settings are pretty basic, you can try using Mac Pro 6,1 then install the latest Nvidia Web Driver and see how it goes.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the audio problems I'm having... I have 10.9.2 running on the P9X79 Pro , with a Intel Core i7-3820, and a GeForce GTX 660 Ti. Everything is running good except my audio seems to be borked. I have tried Voodoo audio, and toldea patched kexts. With his pathced AppleHDA.kext with the HDAEnabler, I get sound if I use the black audio out port, it sounds fine for like 5 min of listening to music, but then everything gets distorted until I turn the audio up and down a couple times. I'm not sure if the problem is some other kexts I tried are messing with it... I thought I uninstalled all of them. Everything else is working so good I don't want to do a clean install just to try and get audio working. Anyone with audio working perfectly let me know exactly what you did to do so. Or if you have any advice that would be great! Thanks!

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7-4930k
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@esix

I tried running the easy beast settings on Mavericks and now I cannot boot into it. So I decided to reinstall Mavericks using the 10.9.2 installer. You said you installed Mavericks 10.9.2 but you never gave any details. Do I need to replace the kext like in 10.9.1? What boot flags did you use? Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS X99-A, 3701 BIOS
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
The fresh install using 10.9.2 worked as is for me