Register

P9X79 Deluxe i7 3930K Safe Mode Only Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Basically the Mavericks install went fairly well. I used Time Machine to backup a Corsair 120GB SSD with OS X 10.8.3 then restored it to a OCZ Agility III 360GB SSD. Then used Unibeast 3.0.1 to instal OS X Mavericks. I then moved on to MultiBeast (I'll post the settings I used).

Hardware is as follows:

Core i7 3930K
P9X79 Deluxe
GTX670
OCZ Agility III 360GB SSD (in a dual 2.5" hot swap bay)
32GB DDR3 1600 RAM

It wouldn't boot properly though. I used the following flags:

-x
-v
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x3000

but due to the default settings I've reduced it to:

-x
-v
npci=0x3000

Which boots to safe mode but if I omit "-x" it stops at:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC(820.0) [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)[xxxxxxxxxxxx

So I suspect something to do with FakeSMC(820.0) but am unsure how to proceed from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oct.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0540 1.jpg
    IMG_0540 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 143
I just thought I would update:

-x
-v
npci=0x2000

is still needed to boot but I have been trying a few things. I've found that if I try booting with:

-v
-f
npci=0x2000

it gets fairly far along in the boot process, almost to the end but stops at:

USBMSC identifier (Nonunique) ***

I can provide a screenshot of this but it didn't really seem like an error message IMO (more like it just stopped at that point).

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oct.

BTW, I've tried turning off Hyper-threading and virtualization but it didnt help. I haven't really changed any BIOS settings since the install of SL, Lion, and ML installs so I don't think the issue would be with BIOS settings.

Also, for what its worth I could try a fresh install on a different SSD if anyone thinks these issues are caused by upgrading from ML to Mavericks.

I've been trying to fix this for a few days now and its really starting to get frustrating.

OK, I think I've got it!!!!!

I've been trying a few things and doing a lot of reading of posts / threads here at TonyMacx86 to try and fix this safe mode only boot problem. Anyway I came across this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113545-mavericks-messages-app-problem.html

dgelb

I updated my hack (MSI Z77A-GD45) from 10.8.5 to 10.9 using unibeast 3.0 and multibeast 6.0. I had to use AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 to boot without safe mode. Using Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx ethernet driver, FakeSMC v. 5.3.820, and RealtekALC892. Chimera 2.2.1.

Icloud and app store and facetime all work.

I was getting desperate and maybe a little frazzled so I figured what the heck give it a shot. Fired up MultiBeast and used the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 option. Then restarted and used the following:

-v
-f
npci=0x2000
CPUS=1

It booted just fine with audio, network support and seemingly everything works so far. I rebooted and tried:

-v
-f
npci=0x2000

and it booted again just fine. Hopefully it will boot with just "npci=0x2000" and I can just put that in my boot.plist file under flags.

So thanks goes out to dgelb and his post that got me over this issue!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back