Contribute
Register

P8Z68-V PRO with NVIDIA 670 works but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z68-V PRO
CPU
Intel 2600K
Graphics
Gygabyte GTX 1070 Minit OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[WORKS] P8Z68-V PRO with NVIDIA 670 works

Hi,

[21 aug 2012] All freezing issues are now gone.

I have installed ML using the instructions from this site, and all seem OK... at first.
The issue I'm having is program crashes (they just freeze).
Here are few examples:
1. Share menu, causes Finder to freeze.
2. Apple Store just freezes after opening it (I had only once a crash report dialog).
3. When double clicking a "text" file from finder, The TextEditor fails to open (with crash dialog)

This is a frustrating issue since it start to occur just after I installs Chimera.

Here is, in brief how I installed ML:

First Attempt:
1. Done all steps under "UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC" + DSDT option.
Result: At first, All seem to work until I got the freezing issue.

Second Attempt:
1. Used TooSixy guide ([GUIDE] Mountain Lion 10.8 Installation on Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3) but modified it with my motherboard components.
Result: more or less the same, still freezes in some apps.

Though application freezes, I still have mu Terminal active so I can "kill" the process and continue work, but I lose the functionality that always freezes.

This behavior does not occur when I boot from Unibeast USB. I wouldn't mind, but I also loss network and sound. This is why I want Chimera to work

Any ideas or similar issues ?

===== Edit 21aug2012 =====

It was worth waiting for "tonymac" to update his MultiBeast software.
I have downloaded his latest MultBeast v5.02 and used the "Easy Beast" installation path (not the DDSDT one).
I also added the following:
1. my Network driver (intel1000).
2. All Bios customization under: "Customization => boot options" and
3. Chinerma v1.11.1 r1394 ("Drivers&Bootloader => Bootloaders") and
4. Last: System definitions to iMac 12,2 ("Customizations => System Definitions => iMac => iMac 12,2" )

Installed and reboot in verbose mode.

If all is well, then just sit down and watch the messages scroll without any issues.

Good Luck !!!

====== END Edit =======

Thanks
Snagar

Hey, did you buy Mountain Lion from the app store? because if you got it from another website sometimes it doesn't work correctly, and then that is why you get all those freezes. If not try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

Yep bought it from Apple Store (hey it is only 20 bucks).
As I stated, I done what the steps asked, but never had such strange behavior, I had 10.5.8 & 10.6.x, and 10.7.4, none of them shown such behavior.

Thanks anyway

hum try to boot with your onboard graphics to see if the problem is your GPU

i'm experiencing the same, and i'm using 680.. but i notice the freezes when i try to plug in flash drives..

I'll unplug my G670 once there is no other choice, the reason I'm saying this is that when I boot from Unibeast USB this behavior does not occur but then I have no network support and sound.
Graphics on the other hand works just fine, and all the issues stated before gone, I can't explain why network sometimes work and sometimes not.

I think I'll do another fresh installation, and try to solve network issues with the Unibeast as boot drive. Then I'll try to solve Sound, and then we shell see....
I'll update later...

But I still think it is something with the Chimera or one of the kext....

Thanks folks..

Done fresh installation and here are the results while booting from the USB drive (not Chimera):

1. Graphics: works + 3D Acceleration (XPlane works just fine)
2. Network: Works, but I'm not sure if this is because I added the ApplIntel kext to the unibeast or not.
3. Apple Store: Works.
4. Finder: "Share" sub menu does not freezes.

5. Sound: does not work.

Any idea how can modify my Unibeast USB to enable mu 892 build in sound card ??

Thanks

Resolved Sound Issue

Ok, I seem to resolve the sound issue, by using the "Multibeast" and picked the "Patches AppleHDA => ALC892" options + "System Utilities".

Now my system seems to work just fine.

The only issue is the Native boot (Chimera) from my HDD and not from USB.

Awesome :D. Now we are at the same problem the only way i boot Ml is trough my USB, i can't get Ml to boot from the HDD.

Awesome :D. Now we are at the same problem the only way i boot Ml is trough my USB, i can't get Ml to boot from the HDD.

Hi cadrian007,

What Bios do you have, mine is 1101, and I think to upgrade to latest.

Just to make it clear, my ML with the USB works just fine, I have zero issues whether it is network, 3D Acceleration, Apple Store etc... The OS also identifies my system correctly.

For the "Native" booting part, I have cloned my OS to another HDD, but I decided to wait some more, and read more users comments. The reason, once you install Chimera the USB boot does not seem to work anymore.

I'll update after I do more testings.

Cheers
Snagar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back