Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully built a Hack Pro with the Asus P8Z68-v pro/gen3 with the bios it came with (3202), bluetooth, all ports and all is good except I have a i7 2700k that I would like to squeeze some more juice out of. So far I can't find anyone who has successfully over clocked on this board. Someone please prove me wrong. I would like to know if it is even possible.

draken182 said:
I successfully built a Hack Pro with the Asus P8Z68-v pro/gen3 with the bios it came with (3202), bluetooth, all ports and all is good except I have a i7 2700k that I would like to squeeze some more juice out of. So far I can't find anyone who has successfully over clocked on this board. Someone please prove me wrong. I would like to know if it is even possible.

You haven't found anyone who has OC'd on this board? Just the gen3 version, or at all? Cause I have a pre-gen3 version and OC'd just fine. I've heard a lot of people saying how great this board OC's.

Correct. I can't find a successful over clock for this board. I have tried disabling eist, turbo, c states p states...all combinations but no success once booted into lion. It shows in bios that it's done correctly, but will not affect geek bench or cine bench at all. If anyone has their bios settings that they would be willing to share, that would be great.

Just went with the speed stepper route and it works fine. i will stick with this since there isn't a DSDT out for 3202. Besides, i have everything working, bluetooth, audio, ethernet, OC/TUrbo to 4.8ghz and no problems thus far.

Draken, I have the same mobo as you. How did you get your overclocking to work?
I installed the speedstepper patch. Everything seems to be working, but overclocking is not. Is there anything in particular you had to do? My geekbench scores don't change, even though I've overclocked and it works in Windows 7.

to get speedstepper to work you have to choose it from multibeast, it's under misc, flaked speedstepper (i have 10.7.3) and i also used the easybeast option too. I hope that helps. If not, and I can send screenshots and bios settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back