CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GT 640
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just got an early Christmas gift of an M-audio Profire 610. :) I recently built a hack with the P8P67 Pro and I got it working using Andy's boot cd.

Here are the specs:
P8P67 Pro REV3.1
3TB Seagate HD
8GB ram
ASUS EAH5450 Graphics

The real problem now is that it appeared that the firewire was working in the system profiler, but when I plugged it in nothing appeared. It did not acknowledge its existence before or after I installed the drivers for it. I did some googling and found other people with similar problems and I tried a few new kexts. Nothing worked. Are there any working Kexts for the firewire chip in the P8P67?

BTW the chip is the VIA 6308P controller.

Thanks,
Joe

directmusic94 said:
I just got an early Christmas gift of an M-audio Profire 610. :) I recently built a hack with the P8P67 Pro and I got it working using Andy's boot cd.

Here are the specs:
P8P67 Pro REV3.1
3TB Seagate HD
8GB ram
ASUS EAH5450 Graphics

The real problem now is that it appeared that the firewire was working in the system profiler, but when I plugged it in nothing appeared. It did not acknowledge its existence before or after I installed the drivers for it. I did some googling and found other people with similar problems and I tried a few new kexts. Nothing worked. Are there any working Kexts for the firewire chip in the P8P67?

BTW the chip is the VIA 6308P controller.

Thanks,
Joe

You might want to try http://www.osx86.net/ for a kext.

Not much Asus love here, kidding... I've got the Rev3.0 version, havent tested firewire.

Good luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back