Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If I'm playing audio continuously, my audio is fine. If no sound is played for about 30 seconds, the next sound that's played has a loud pop before the audio starts playing. The board has an ALC892 chipset. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

I have the same problem as well on my p8p67-m pro mobo. Seems like the sound goes to sleep and pops when awakened. I've tried numerous fixes all to no avail.

Score, thanks for the quick help gordo.

Tried MP 5,1 and I got a kernel panic on boot, 3,1 worked and fixed the problem.

Nice. I used to have a similar problem on my mini (which is of course just a macbook). It didn't pop, but there was a 1-2 second delay before a sound would play while it woke up the sound hardware.

Or alternatively if you want to stay on the only mac sandybridge system definition, install antipop. Does the trick!

mjgunn said:
If I'm playing audio continuously, my audio is fine. If no sound is played for about 30 seconds, the next sound that's played has a loud pop before the audio starts playing. The board has an ALC892 chipset. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16480

MBP sleeps audio to save battery. This piece of software fixes that :¬)

What's the downside to using the MacPro 3,1 definition instead of the iMac 12,1 definition (which I'm using and IS having the Audio "Pop" issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back