Contribute
Register

P8P67 Deluxe - i7 2600k - Sapphire HD 6850 - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB - Asus P8P67 Deluxe (B3) Bios 1502
CPU - i7 2600k
GPU - Sapphire HD 6850
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 1866 (4GB for installation)
PSU - Corsair TX850w

My build is stable and already installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on an OCS SSD. Sleep is even working.

I want to understand OS X and learn the basics, thus trying this out for the first time. Please bear with me.
I read the instructions, seems simple. But solutions to specific problems are all over. But anyway, I'm not even there yet.

Here's what I have right now:
Retail Snow Leopard DVD v10.6.3
iBoot
iBoot Legacy
MultiBeast 3.4

So far I've done:
1. UEFI.
Disabled Enhance Intel Speedstep Technology
Disabled Turbo Mode
Turbo Ratio to 35 (lowest I can set it to)
Set AHCI
Boot from ATAPI device
2. boot from iBoot
3. replaced iBoot with Snow Leopard retail DVD

After pressing enter, nothing happens, blank screen, and DVD activity stopped.
I repeat the process and put -x for safe mode, and got the message fatal error can't proceed, something like that.
I tried PCIRootUID=1, and still blank screen.
I also tried iBoot Legacy, and the same blank screen.

Did I miss anything?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, I'm trying to install OS X on a spare Seagate 250GB SATA, which used to have XP on it.

I tried these:
arch=i386
maxmem=4096
GraphicsEnabler=No
-x PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29

And all I'm seeing is the grey apple on a light grey background. Not sure if it's doing anything else.

Any ideas please.

Try using this boot cd http://www.mediafire.com/?bjf5a8gemiuc2p8

Don't use any kernel flags just let it boot cleanly, swap the cd for the retail one, wait a few minutes, press f5 and try the install. If the install succeeds then boot again using the cd and at the desktop copy the install package from the cd to your desktop and run it (its not for your specific board but will at least get the bootloader installed). Once thats completed try booting without using the boot cd.

Actually, I tried that too. :D
I made it through the part that it's about to partition my drive. I stopped, and set the computer aside as I need to tend to my kid's needs.
I went back and the PC froze, and got a message on the screen that I need to reboot. But since the computer won't respond to any input, I was forced to turn it off by pressing the power button, and turning off the PSU.
When I turned it on, got a message that that says overclocking failed and I have to press "F1", etc.
Then I'm getting double posts etc (the usual problems you initially encounter with these P8P67 boards). I said, what the heck did Andy do to my computer ???!!!! LOL.
I have to give credit to you though, as it gave me hope that I can do this install. :headbang:

Anyway I went back and used iBoot and added GraphicsEnabler=No and busratio=29 from the ones I listed above. Still do dice.

I tried the iBoot Legacy. It worked !!!

I was able install the 2011 Combo update (the Sandy Bridge update won't install).
Did the MultiBeast thing. Not sure though if I did this right. I don't have any pre-edited DSDT yet.
Also tried to install some drivers I think relevant, like the Chameleon 2.0 RC5.

Removed the iBoot Legacy CD.
And here's my new problem ... Snow Leopoard won't reboot.

I'm clueless right now. I may need to reinstall and repeat the whole process if I have to. I definitely did something wrong.

Any suggestions I need to try? Definitely I missed something.

Thanks.

p.s. What key do I use to shut it down? I'm using a windows keyboard right now, and it seems there's no equivalent command key. I have to press the power button to shut the machine down (is this safe?)

AlphaOne said:
Actually, I tried that too. :D
I made it through the part that it's about to partition my drive. I stopped, and set the computer aside as I need to tend to my kid's needs.
I went back and the PC froze, and got a message on the screen that I need to reboot. But since the computer won't respond to any input, I was forced to turn it off by pressing the power button, and turning off the PSU.

I'm guessing you left it too long and it tried to sleep - not good as that wont work lol

That's probably it.
I'll give it a second chance tonight, since I'm redoing it from the top anyway.

Almost there.
Upon reboot after the pkg update, the video got messed up.

I noticed several ATI* drivers were not installed.

How to fix this?

Thanks.

I think U'd better try to install OSX with the other videocard. U need to install OS first then try to make your 6870 work.
Cross fingers for your success - i want to upgrade to deluxe mobo.
Please, post a guide if U will be succeeded.

I'm sorry, I haven't really worked on this project diligently. Only doing it on my free time.

I followed Gordo's guide:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16323

Using:
iBoot Legacy
Multibeast 3.4.0
Bridgehelper
Combo update
ATI package

Got an error on the ATI package, and got a blank screen after reboot (without using iBoot).
I'm getting the hang of it. I might have an idea what I did miss, but haven;t got a chance to redo things again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back