Contribute
Register

P8P67 Deluxe - i7 2600k - Sapphire HD 6850 - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it working by skipping easybeast and simply doing the multibeast massive install with Chimera, fakesmc, null, remix, and 64bit boot options.

Worked great still no sleep at all though, going to reset bios.

I also have EIST, Speedstep, and Virtualization DISABLED.

I'll have to try with those too, though I need Virtualization for VMware Fusion to boot x64 OS'es. How'd you get the 4.6 OC? Love to see your settings on that! I know my H70 needs to be reseated with better thermal paste, it idles at ~35.

IF you don't mind, I've incorporated some of your instructions into something I'm preparing for 10.6.8 when it's released, you'll get credit :) if that is ok!

Though your the first I've seen with the deluxe board that has sleep working, no one on my thread has gotten it going. I've even been talking with MadL0n with his BIOS.

Stradivari:
Wasn't your BIOS for the Pro? Or no significance between Deluxe and Pro?

Hi everyone!

I'm typing this in my newly built hackintosh right now, but I'm still experiencing some problems.

I'm actually using a P8P67 motherboard (non-PRO, non-DELUXE) and using XFX 6870 graphics card. As I don't have an extra monitor, I ended up using a DVI to VGA cable for my VGA-only monitor.

Problems I'm still experiencing include that of not being able to wake from sleep, run DVD Player, Geekbench and Portal 2 from Steam.

As I have used Andy's P8P67PRO boot cd to install everything (as well as his package) in the first place, are there any other differences I need to take note of in a non-pro/deluxe P8P67 mobo?

I have tried using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Duckweed and I always end up with a black screen on my monitor, as if the graphics card is unable to send any signal to my monitor. Also, on system profiler my graphics card is still labelled as ATI Radeon HD NI40, which supposedly stands for some generic graphics card in the 6xxx series.

What should I do?

fermyth said:
Hi everyone!

I'm typing this in my newly built hackintosh right now, but I'm still experiencing some problems.

I'm actually using a P8P67 motherboard (non-PRO, non-DELUXE) and using XFX 6870 graphics card. As I don't have an extra monitor, I ended up using a DVI to VGA cable for my VGA-only monitor.

Problems I'm still experiencing include that of not being able to wake from sleep, run DVD Player, Geekbench and Portal 2 from Steam.

As I have used Andy's P8P67PRO boot cd to install everything (as well as his package) in the first place, are there any other differences I need to take note of in a non-pro/deluxe P8P67 mobo?

I have tried using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Duckweed and I always end up with a black screen on my monitor, as if the graphics card is unable to send any signal to my monitor. Also, on system profiler my graphics card is still labelled as ATI Radeon HD NI40, which supposedly stands for some generic graphics card in the 6xxx series.

What should I do?
Have you installed the drivers?

philz said:
fermyth said:
Hi everyone!

What should I do?
Have you installed the drivers?

Do you mean installing drivers from Multibeast? I've done that, but I'll probably go through your steps again when I attempt to reinstall Mac on my system build this evening after I knock off work :p

TooSixy said:
fermyth said:
Hi everyone!

What should I do?
If you see ATI Radeon HD NI40 on System Profiler, that means the framebuffer didn't load properly, and that causes Geekbench and DVD Player to not working.

Any chance you are booting with PCIRootUID=1 flag? Check your com.apple.Boot.plist file and see if the PCIRootUID=1 flag is in the Kernel Flags section.

Also, try one of these for AtiConfig:
Pithecia
Bulrushes
Cattail
Hydrilla
Duckweed
Fanwort
Elodea
Kudzu
Gibba <--- seems to work for many people
Lotus
Ipomoea

Gibba works fine when I typed it in previously at Chimera bootload, but DVD player still crashes on startup and the above stated still appears. I will try PCIRootUID=1 when I have the chance. I don't think it is in my com.apple.Boot.plist file.

TooSixy said:
fermyth said:
Gibba works fine when I typed it in previously at Chimera bootload, but DVD player still crashes on startup and the above stated still appears. I will try PCIRootUID=1 when I have the chance. I don't think it is in my com.apple.Boot.plist file.
Actually, in my experience with XFX Radeon 6870 card, if I used PCIRootUID=1 flag, the framebuffer would not load. It maybe true with other 6870 cards as well, but I don't know for sure.

The root thing makes no difference in my case. Never use it (just with iBoot for some odd reason)

Your guide works for me !!!
Thank you :)

On my HD6870 DVI on port1 only !

But Sound and Sleep don't work :(

I follow your guide only
They 3 kexts are included in multibeast ?

I don't understand it's the third installation of Mac os with your guide
And my mouse don't moving at the top left on the screen :(

Hello Toosixy

And thanks for your help
My firmware is the same as you 1503.
My mouse is USB (logitech MX1000)
With many another usb ports, my mouse doesn't work too :(

So for my P8P67Deluxe, I install with other method, philz guide work very very good for me :)

iBoot 3.0.4 with PCIRootUID=1 at boot
Install Mac OS X.6
Turn off my computeur

Turn on, eject Snow Leopard DVD and put iBoot 3.0.4 with PCIRootUID=1
Boot with iBoot
Install MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7.dmg
don't reboot for now
Copy P8P67 Pro Install.pkg on my desktop and run it
Reboot

Boot my Hackintosh with hard-drive
Remove Andy’s audio install
Remove only file with HDA* in your /Extra/Extensions folder
Remove only file with HDA* in /System/Library/Extensions

Run MultiBeast 3.7.1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GO !

Place P8P67SATAControllers.kext in Extra/Extensions
Delete JMicron*
Copy SleepEnabler.kext in Extra/Extensions (For sleeping/waking)
Run Kext Utility
Reboot

For Bluetooth
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18410

and for now It's work very well
I have my HD6870, bluetooth, network, 8Gb, Sleep/wake, DVD ...
Thanks to Toosixy, philz ...

Attachments

• SleepEnabler.kext.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 84
  • P8P67SATAControllers.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back