Contribute
Register

P7P55D-E-Pro (VIA VT 1828s) - Audio success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X470 Pro PRIME
CPU
Ryzen 3 5800X3D
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE
  4. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an ASUS P7P55D-E-Pro M/B which is BIOS-only and uses the VIA VT1828s audio chipset.

Installed El Capitan successfully (got to make sure the OSX drive is not on one of the two grey 'Marvell' SATA ports for the drive to show up in Clover. GTX460 graphics and LAN work out of the box.

The only issue I had was audio, which either didn't work with some versions of VoodooHDA, or was crackly when it did.

After some trial and error I have success with VoodooHDA 2.8.8 downloaded from here:
http://download2us.softpedia.com/dl...e3e/400089092/mac/Drivers/VoodooHDA-2.8.8.zip

The tricks that solved the crackles for me were:

1) Editing the VoodooHDA info.plist according to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_r1-28TYVQ (not sure this was necessary, since I did it first, and the crackles remained - probably recommend trying this last if you still have problems)

2) Adding these two boot args into Clover: busratio=18 ; idlehalt=0

3) Try adding -f (clear caches) to boot args too

4) Other things to try: lower input gain to '0' on the MIDI control panel ; change sound sampling to 44.1Khz, 16-bit also in MIDI panel.

The main things for me which seemed to finally solve the problem were the Clover boot flags. Once Multibeast 8 comes out, you might try using it to install older Voodoo drivers, as some folks have had more success on these older boards with Voodoo 0.2.1 etc. The only thing that's not 100% correct for me are the naming of the jacks.

Good luck!

Link not work

Can you give other link ?

i use p7p55d

Sorry, try the link now. It's a softpedia link, so may not last.

Google "voodoo HDA 2.8.8 AC3" to find it againif the link fails.

Good luck!

I tried the solution and it solved my crackling problem. But now the microphone doesn't work. Any idea?

Hi,

I'm on a motherboard ASUS P5P77D-E

I've just resolved a crackly sound problem setting MIDI Audio settings for both input and output to 44.100 Khz.

Before changing to 44.100 Khz I've experienced blinking audio in iTunes, VLC, Youtube (also the video was blinking and blocking) on Chrome like as the hardware is going slowly, because MIDI Audio was set to default to 48,000 Khz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back