Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have a P6T SE, 4gb corsair, gts 450, ps2 mouse/keyboard. And done loads of reading up and searching on this but I'm stuck.

I am trying to install 10.6 using the iboot multibeast method on a blank unpartitioned hard drive, with a retail OS X disc.

Boot using "iboot ge" disc (as recommended because of gts 450 card), then put in OS X disc and continue. After aseveral minutes I get a no entry sign on the apple logo. Any clues as to what's causing this? Is it my PS2 keyboard and mouse perhaps? Video card? Do I need to create a GUID partition beforehand?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

urbangaucho said:
? Do I need to create a GUID partition beforehand?
Yes. Else the installer will see disk's MBR and FAT/NTFS partition(s) and not like that.
Use Disk Utility in the menu bar of the booted DVD to repartition the drive as GUID with HFS+ partition(s).

humph, he/she doesnt get to OS X install screen and cant access DiskUtility!

urbangaucho, after you put OS X disk and see it in iBoot screen type "-v" (without quotes) to see the error, you can try in Safe Mode "-x - v" (again without quotes).
As far as I know your keyboard and mouse should be USB, so Im not sure you can install SL with PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for the replies guys.

@humph - yes I can't get to the disk utility stage yet.

@mupkoc - I tried it with -v and got a little further. Ended up with:

"Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 4), Frame..."

...then a bunch of other stuff before a halt.

Haven't tried it with yet with -x. I'll try that. Will also swap to USB mouse keyboard and report back. I saw that there were some problems with ICH10 controller on my P6T. Should iboot ge work as is or do i need to modify for ICH10?

Oops, sorry. I read too much (progress) into "..OSX disk and continue...".

The bunch of other stuff at the panic may include a kext name at the start of the blurb, which would give perhaps some additional insight.

ICH10 ought to be supported natively, unless some weird differences on the Asus board.

P.S. Thought iBoot had kext for PS2 stuff. Perhaps not. But if it does/did, ought to work, as many netbooks/laptops use PS2 interface for kbd & trackpad and are OK to install, provided suitable kext is part of the /Extra kexts (or mkext) that gets loaded by Chameleon.

I have similar issue with the same processor and video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back