Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

After reading a few articles about the max. amount of ram that can be installed on the P6T Deluxe, I decided to upgrade from 3x2GB Corsair Platinum series 1333MHz to 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz.
Installed it and system boots.
However I have noticed some strange behavior like iTunes slow or not able to quiet, Excel hanging (I know it normally sucks too), Disk Utilities not wanting to launch and stuff like that.

When I read an article on the forums about a user who got his sleep/wake working on a P6T Deluxe, I decided to try the attached dsdt.
It didn't work for me and instead of removing it thru terminal I decided to restore Mountain Lion from TM.
Normally this always works but with the new ram installed, it kept on failing.
So I inserted the old memory back in and restoring worked as it should.

My thought now is that it might have something to do with the fact I'm just using 2 memory sockets instead of 3.
Would buying another 8Gig Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz do the trick??

I did install my sticks in the correct DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1

Also, if anyone knows how to get my sleep/wake to work, that would be great.

Thanks in Advance

PS. Apart from using the newly bought memory in this system, I also bought it in mind to use it in my near future upgrade to an ivy bridge system.

No one out there with a P6T Deluxe who can advise me concerning the ram and or sleep/wake problem?

I think that X58 boards does not support 8GB memory module. It only support up to 4GB memory module. I don't know if the latest BIOS support 8GB memory module. That is why I'm using 6 x 4GB as the first generation of Core i7 cpus only support up to 24GB memory.

Thanks for your reply.

I bought the ram after reading about ram upgrade for the P6T Deluxe.
After reading this article, I thought it would be possible to use 8Gb sticks.
And in fact it is working even tho there are some weird little things going on.

I bought the 8Gb sticks with the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H upgrade in mind and eventually want to have the option to go for 32Gb.

According to that thread he is lucky.... :). If I were to try out the 8GB module, I will wait until the price comes down like the 4GB module... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back