Graphics
ATI 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi right now i am very happy with my Hack, [ X58a ud3r/[email protected] ] and i know that if i buy a SB p67 MOBO and a i7 2600k it will be faster, but..... i read that P67 SB is faster for gameing [ i don't do gameing ] but i want to know if is faster than X58, for audio apps.??? so it is worth the upgrade? thnx

Faster for gaming is faster for audio apps...... Im in the same boat as you but I think im going H67.... I dont really care to overclock....

sorry not worth the upgrade..... not right now at least your board is still good....

mmmm.... The thing is that tomorrow i am selling my trusty Hack X58a ud3r v2/i7 930, to a friend that want's my hack really bad , and i don't know if i buy a SB p67 ud5 b3/2600k or again the same as i had......

doof said:
I think the the audio is better on the board you have, I have an x58 and a p67 and the audio output on the new one is noisier.

What audio chipset and drivers are you using?

ar13 - the SB chips fly. Although my mate is a music producer and has just bought a 950 4Ghz overclock bundle, and this:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/668290/ ... sound.html

He said it's incredible.

ar13 said:
Hi right now i am very happy with my Hack, [ X58a ud3r/[email protected] ] and i know that if i buy a SB p67 MOBO and a i7 2600k it will be faster, but..... i read that P67 SB is faster for gameing [ i don't do gameing ] but i want to know if is faster than X58, for audio apps.??? so it is worth the upgrade? thnx

I deal with audio production and have a similar machine your. With varius audio cards, MOTU 424, M Audio Adiophile 192 PTL HD.
I'm not sure whether you will get a new possibly more important difference, a few percent and that's all. If I were you for now du nothing has changed.
If you have a customer and want to sell this configuration.
I to I were you I went back to the X58, but X58 EP Extrime and 950th In my opinion one of the best current variations for music and for many.

shimunology said:
ar13 said:

I deal with audio production and have a similar machine your. With varius audio cards, MOTU 424, M Audio Adiophile 192 PTL HD.
I'm not sure whether you will get a new possibly more important difference, a few percent and that's all. If I were you for now du nothing has changed.
If you have a customer and want to sell this configuration.
I to I were you I went back to the X58, but X58 EP Extrime and 950th In my opinion one of the best current variations for music and for many.

mmm... thnx , i think i will go X58 again ,and a i7 950 oc'd to 4ghz, and get a nvidia 250 or 450 instead the 240 that i use to have.....

Hey if your purchasing again and building again, there is no reason not to go for p67/h67, its gonna be rock stable soon and easy as pie for everyone.... its only a little bit more and if your using external cards or interface there will be no problem.... bout to build my h67 with mbox 3 soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back