Contribute
Register

P5K-E WiFi from Yosemite to El Capitan, as (almost) a real Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DarkSpace, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have updated my P5K-E/WiFi build to High Sierra. Here're a few experiences for you guys.
  1. Marvell 88E8056 KextsToPatch doesn't work, I reverted to Marvell88E8056.kext
  2. AppleALC.kext now rely on Lilu.kext, make sure they both put to the same folder
  3. If you got problem with disk mounting, revert AppleAHCIPort.kext to v328
  4. It's not waking from sleep. More diagnosis to be done, somebody helps?
Here are steps for my update:
- Update Clover to r4220
- Update Kexts
-> Copy all kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
-> Add Marvell88E8056.kext, removed KextsToPatch entries
-> Update AppleALC.kext and put Lilu.kext to the same folder​
- Update Drivers
-> APFS.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/DRIVER64 (needed if you installing to APFS formatted drive)​

I have updated my P5K-E/WiFi build to High Sierra. Here're a few experiences for you guys.
  1. Marvell 88E8056 KextsToPatch doesn't work, I reverted to Marvell88E8056.kext
  2. AppleALC.kext now rely on Lilu.kext, make sure they both put to the same folder
  3. If you got problem with disk mounting, revert AppleAHCIPort.kext to v328
  4. It's not waking from sleep. More diagnosis to be done, somebody helps?
Here are steps for my update:
- Update Clover to r4220
- Update Kexts
-> Copy all kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
-> Add Marvell88E8056.kext, removed KextsToPatch entries
-> Update AppleALC.kext and put Lilu.kext to the same folder​
- Update Drivers
-> APFS.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/DRIVER64 (needed if you installing to APFS formatted drive)​
Hi,

I'm running a different mobo but my LAN chip is the same as yours. I can't seem to get the 88E8056 kext to work. I simply placed it in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 folder (I'm using the latest version of Clover) and wished for the best. I didn't rename it or anything. If I leave it as-is, it won't boot. If I disable the kext loading for that specific kext in Clover, it does boot but without Ethernet adapter. I'll try updating this post with whatever error message I can find but..

Did you do anything else except for removing the KextsToPatch entries and adding the Marvell88E8056.kext? You have no other plist entries that might modify the networking kext?

EDIT: The only error I can see in the log is:
Code:
Did not find a usable MAC Address for Entity ID. Please file a bug report at .... IOUSBHostDevice::addPowerChildGated

Thank you,
Dieter

Hi,

I'm running a different mobo but my LAN chip is the same as yours. I can't seem to get the 88E8056 kext to work. I simply placed it in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 folder (I'm using the latest version of Clover) and wished for the best. I didn't rename it or anything. If I leave it as-is, it won't boot. If I disable the kext loading for that specific kext in Clover, it does boot but without Ethernet adapter. I'll try updating this post with whatever error message I can find but..

Did you do anything else except for removing the KextsToPatch entries and adding the Marvell88E8056.kext? You have no other plist entries that might modify the networking kext?

EDIT: The only error I can see in the log is:
Code:
Did not find a usable MAC Address for Entity ID. Please file a bug report at .... IOUSBHostDevice::addPowerChildGated

Thank you,
Dieter

Attach your EFI folder (zipped)

Attach your EFI folder (zipped)
Thanks for responding. I've added my EFI folder.

EDIT: I'm completely baffled. I just tried booting the disk again with the attached EFI folder and it just worked.
Let me try this again and see if it's consistently working.

EDIT2: Welp. I do not understand it one bit but it works now. The only thing that has changed is that I re-attached my Windows, Linux and data disks to my mobo. This makes no sense.
Well it does what it's supposed to do now so still thank you for the assistance (or the intention of assisting).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back