Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used Tonymac's sample config.plist to boot into the El Capitan installer. I got through the installation ok and was able to boot to the desktop. However, I have no USB and no Bluetooth using a genuine Apple Broadcom card. The wifi works and connects.

I used the terminal to copy my old config.plist that I used with Yosemite back to the EFI partition and rebooted. Still no USB. My wired mouse doesn't work, but I can get a wired USB keyboard to connect so at least I can enter some terminal commands. Trying to use OS X without a mouse is very frustrating!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Did they work for the installer? My wired mouse worked fine for the same motherboard. But for some reason my disk isn't showing up in clover after the install.

No, it didn't work in the installer. I have a 10.10 recovery partition and it works in Yosemite, but not El Capitan.

Use a USB hub, this will enable USB and allow you to complete the installation.

It it worked for me on an identical mobo. Then you can apply the fixes using configurator.

Use a USB hub, this will enable USB and allow you to complete the installation.

It it worked for me on an identical mobo. Then you can apply the fixes using configurator.

Thank you !
I haven't seen this recommendation mentioned anywhere and couldn't get through installation process since my mouse would just die. Luckily I had one hub unused sitting on my shelf.

Now the issue is that I can't load High Sierra from the HD after installation (and no way of seeing verbose to figure out whats killing the boot).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back