Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have installed OS X by using Tony's guide, but I can't get the audio to work..
I have tried to install the LegacyHDA and it is in the E/E folder. The problem is that i can't get rid of the VoodooHDA.kext.
I have tried to delete it and then rebuild the cache using multi, but when I reboot it is back in the E/E folder.. :evil:
The OS keep showing that I have Intel High Definition audio...

please help - it's driving me crazy.. ;)

/Johnny

netsat said:
Hi,

I have installed OS X by using Tony's guide, but I can't get the audio to work..
I have tried to install the LegacyHDA and it is in the E/E folder. The problem is that i can't get rid of the VoodooHDA.kext.
I have tried to delete it and then rebuild the cache using multi, but when I reboot it is back in the E/E folder.. :evil:
The OS keep showing that I have Intel High Definition audio...

please help - it's driving me crazy.. ;)

/Johnny

That's actually impossible- if you've deleted it. Weird! Do you have a VoodooHDA in /System/Library/Extensions?

No, I don't have voodooHDA in /System/Library/Extensions.

I know it's sound wired, but the VoodooHDA is back in my e/e folder when i have rebuilt the cache.

I am new to OS X, so perhaps you can tell me how i do it the right my - i am sure it's just because i am a noob :)

/Johnny

netsat said:
No, I don't have voodooHDA in /System/Library/Extensions.

I know it's sound wired, but the VoodooHDA is back in my e/e folder when i have rebuilt the cache.

I am new to OS X, so perhaps you can tell me how i do it the right my - i am sure it's just because i am a noob :)

/Johnny

Right click and delete VoodooHDA, then right click and empty the trash. It will be gone. If it's not, you have the first Mac virus. :lol:

Ha ha :D

Thanks for the help, Tony.
The problem was that I was using "Path finder" to try deleting VoodooHDA. When I used "finder" there was no problem.

/Johnny

netsat said:
Ha ha :D

Thanks for the help, Tony.
The problem was that I was using "Path finder" to try deleting VoodooHDA. When I used "finder" there was no problem.

/Johnny

Pathfinder is cool- but yeah, the good old OS X Finder does the trick for me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back