Contribute
Register

P55A-UD4P Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I did not use the rollback usb. Here is a picture of my Mavericks folder so you can compare it to what Unibeast created for you.

Ah, so your Multibeast didn't create an Extra/Extensions folder either. Which makes sense if the only custom kexts are written into S/L/E - and as I gather now that I'm using a DSDT file I don't actually need *any* kexts in Extra/Extensions? I'm guessing that even though I have an Extras/Extensions folder, but it contains the exact same custom kexts as are now in S/L/E it isn't going to screw anything up, it's just unnecessary.

Hi all,

Trying to get to the promised land with my P55A-UD4P/F12, GTX760, 16GB RAM, and SSD setup.

I was able to install Mavericks using the placement of the DSDT.aml (renamed it of course) in the Extras folder of the USB stick created by UniBeast. Didn't use any flags on the initial reboot of the system. Ran MultiBeast using the system RayMacx64 and the rest of you have confirmed to work. However, when I get to the Apple Logo Screen, the spinning thing turns for a bit, then the screen refreshes from black to gray....and then nothing.

I tried another reboot, and I had success using the PCIRootUID=0 flag, but I thought that by checking that fix in MultiBeast I wouldn't have to do that. Booting with the flag gets me to a completely functioning build, otherwise :)

I'm afraid I'm not as skilled as you all so I don't know what's causing this. Any help would be great. Almost home!!!!!

RJ

UPDATE:
I searched a bit, and found that I could update the string "PCIRootUID=0" in the Chameleon plist.....so I did! AND IT WORKED! Scary doing it though, don't really know how it worked but I'm getting there :)

THIS COMMUNITY IS AWESOME. THANKS TO EVERYONE!

UPDATE:
I searched a bit, and found that I could update the string "PCIRootUID=0" in the Chameleon plist.....so I did! AND IT WORKED! Scary doing it though, don't really know how it worked but I'm getting there :)

THIS COMMUNITY IS AWESOME. THANKS TO EVERYONE!

Yup, good point is to update the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on your install drive so you won't need to type it.

rushko,

Thanks for confirming what i thought. Starting to get to that "heat seeker" stage where I might know enough to do a terrible amount of damage later on and still not know why :)

Now, are there any proper settings for sleep functionality? I chose Energy Saver settings to sleep the display and computer after 15 minutes. And then I also clicked al the check boxes. This results in a sleep that I can't wake the machine from unless I use a plugged in USB keyboard to initiate the wake-up after the machine is asleep for say 15 or so minutes. Nor can i wake it up via a VNC connection (using iTeleport). However.... If I sleep the machine via the menu and then wake it up immediately using my BT keyboard or trackpad, all is good.

Thoughts here?

RJ

hi Ray,
I have the same mobo.
All works accept for the network. The thing is, it has a 50% chance after a boot
that the "ethernet" item is in the list of to instalable items under network.
When it does, it works just fine, when it doesn't all i can do is reboot and hope.

installed your recommended realtek driver
(in fact...tried them all)

Any idea's?

It's solved!

I was on 10.9.4 and I used MultiBeast 6.3.1.

After trying the new update, MultiBeast 6.4.0, all
seems to work fine ! Much better then ever.

Actually I had a number of weird problems like my iphone
and iLock not always being recognized, besides the random
network problem.

Since MultiBeast 6.4.0 no more problems!

Thanks a lot. After realizing I needed to install legacy USB support and with the settings of this post I finally installed OS X on my main desktop. My other hackintosh is the EP45-UD3P from the very old LifeHacker post. Been trying on and off for two years on this board and finally made it work. Thanks so much. Growing very disgruntled with Win8 and this might be my main machine in a dual boot with Win8.1 now?

The issue I have discovered is that even though I select ALC889 as you mentioned my audio doesn't work. I assume I still select drivers - audio - realtek alcxxx - alc889 or simply use the dsdt? I've ran through multibeast twice and still no audio.

Edit:

Finally had success. Used an older version of MultiBeast from the archives and used non-DSDT audio as recommended in the post below. Everything but iMessages now works.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113438-gigabyte-p55-ud4p-success.html#post861433

Thanks a lot. After realizing I needed to install legacy USB support and with the settings of this post I finally installed OS X on my main desktop. My other hackintosh is the EP45-UD3P from the very old LifeHacker post. Been trying on and off for two years on this board and finally made it work. Thanks so much. Growing very disgruntled with Win8 and this might be my main machine in a dual boot with Win8.1 now?

The issue I have discovered is that even though I select ALC889 as you mentioned my audio doesn't work. I assume I still select drivers - audio - realtek alcxxx - alc889 or simply use the dsdt? I've ran through multibeast twice and still no audio.

Edit:

Finally had success. Used an older version of MultiBeast from the archives and used non-DSDT audio as recommended in the post below. Everything but iMessages now works.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113438-gigabyte-p55-ud4p-success.html#post861433

hello! i just installed mavericks on this system with sad hdd. everything just worked out of the box (clean install) except the sound. i tried the method mentioned in that post and every time i try to do the 'build' i get 'installation failed' any thoughts? thanks!

quick update. funny under system report-->audio--> it shows Intel High Definition audio and list all the connections. but under system preferences i cannot choose an output device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back