Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung Series 7 Chronos
CPU
i7 3615QM
Graphics
HD 4000
So I finally got my system put together, and whenever I get to Disk Utility via installation, my USB drive is the only one that shows up. I have AHCI on for everything, ACPI disabled (Sata0-3), and I've even tried using port 5 and 6. I haven't really messed with the white sata ports, because my system turns them into IDE regardless if I have them set to AHCI.

Just wondering which sata ports others with this board are using. Thanks in advance...

Edit: If it helps - system hangs at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin for about 5 mins, then continues to hang at blank blue screen for another 5 minutes, but I do eventually get in.

Jocelyn84 said:
So I finally got my system put together, and whenever I get to Disk Utility via installation, my USB drive is the only one that shows up. I have AHCI on for everything, ACPI disabled (Sata0-3), and I've even tried using port 5 and 6. I haven't really messed with the white sata ports, because my system turns them into IDE regardless if I have them set to AHCI.

Just wondering which sata ports others with this board are using. Thanks in advance...

Edit: If it helps - system hangs at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin for about 5 mins, then continues to hang at blank blue screen for another 5 minutes, but I do eventually get in.

You do not want to disable ACPI in the bios. It is necessary.
1. Optimized defaults
2. AHCI for both SATA chipsets
3. S3 for ACPI suspend mode (if you want sleep)

Jocelyn84 said:

I don't have your board, but I'm using Intel (Blue) ports 0-2 for HD, HD, SATA CD/DVD on my UD2.

Just wondering- did you use the default Boot CD? I had some people with issues getting to the Installer with your GTX 260. Would be good to know.

gregord said:
You do not want to disable ACPI in the bios. It is necessary.
1. Optimized defaults
2. AHCI for both SATA chipsets
3. S3 for ACPI suspend mode (if you want sleep)

Right! I meant I had sata Port 0-3 Native Mode disabled, ACPI has always been on...
Running it again with Optimized defaults + AHCI on both...

tonymacx86 said:
I don't have your board, but I'm using Intel (Blue) ports 0-2 for HD, HD, SATA CD/DVD on my UD2.

Just wondering- did you use the default Boot CD? I had some people with issues getting to the Installer with your GTX 260. Would be good to know.

I'm using the USB Install method, I've tried the recommended way but it hangs with "waiting on root device". I had the 260 working fine with my old G31m_ES2L setup, but I'll let you know after my HDD shows up to install on lol.

Jocelyn84 said:
Right! I meant I had sata Port 0-3 Native Mode disabled, ACPI has always been on...
Running it again with Optimized defaults + AHCI on both...

That makes more sense. It is my understanding that you can leave SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode Enabled. I left it enabled and had no major issues during install.

Update: actually not sure on Native mode. In my case, UD2 defaults to disabled. In Tony's USB guide he shows Enabled, but a commenter insists it be disabled. Tony, what should SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode be set to?

I probably should have just edited my post above (sorry), but here goes.
I loaded op defaults, set ahci etc back up and its the same thing... Only my USB drive shows up in Disk Utility while I'm in installation. I have a 9500gt sitting around, but I'm guessing because I can actually get to the installation with my 260, I shouldn't even try it with my 9500gt. Yikes :(

PS I have 3 HDD's installed, none of which are showing up.

Well, I think I finally have it working, as I'm now having problems with my 260 losing display. I'm gonna try it with the 9500 and also try that file Tony listed in another thread.

Well I got SL and my 260 working with this http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-ge ... ard-t4057/ , but I'm pretty sure the P55A-UD4P DSDT is whats making me hang. I can load in without DSDT (of course with checksum error) no problem, but not edited similar to the UD4P on your site.
I'll look into it more over the weekend...

Have you tried using the P55-UD4P DSDT? Also, native mode should be enabled for SATA or it won't work, it's worded really stupidly, but disabling it puts the SATA ports into IDE compatibility mode.
Afaik the only major difference between your board and my board is the addition of SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 which should have any impact what so ever on the installation.
Also, how are you interfacing with the display (TV?), as it might be that HDMI doesn't work, but that's just speculation.

I think I'm going to try OmriJ's DSDT (Bottom post on dsdt file page) for making edits. I have native mode enabled, but it shouldn't matter as that only effects 0-3, and I have my drive on sata 5. As far as my display, this isn't my first machine, so I know to use double DVI, but thanks :D

I'm just going to have to save a hard copy of my cards string in the boot.plist so I can install without the 9500.

Btw can I use DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e and iAslMe to compile my final DSDT after edits, so that I can make sure there are no errors? I did this with previous builds, but wasn't sure if this would work with P55 boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back