Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I know there is guides out there that show some of the kexts needed for post-install. Im just making a folder right now on my flash drive that will have a list of all the necessary kexts needed to make the P55a-UD3 motherboard work.
I am going to be using an i5 750.
Install is going to be with tonymac's CD with iboot supported + retail.
Once I get into OSX, what are all the things I need to do for 100% functionality.
Do I make sure everything works in 10.6.0 before I update to 10.6.3 or do I update then fix?
I will be using the DSDT for my mobo, what issues does this solve?

In what order should I do everything?

Just making a definite list before I rip apart my machine to make it into a hackintosh box.

What is a windows text program that I can use to make a list of all kexts needed that can be opened in OSX?

I have iBoot 2.0 supported burned to a DVD
I have Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.0

Here are the files I have on my FAT format flash drive right now, so once I get OSX running I will have them on my new system.

Multibeast
DSDT For P55A-UD3
Kext List

Anything else Im missing?

Thanks for all the support.

1) No, you don't need to make sure everything works before upgrading, since upgrading will most likely break any working kext anyway.
Just install 10.6.0 then after restarting with the iBoot disk, enter Snow Leopard in safe-mode. Then immediately upgrade to either 10.6.2 or 10.6.3. Reapply MultiBeast with the appropriate options chosen (make sure to follow the guide as to what to select in MultiBeast which is best suited for your hardware).

2) MultiBeast has working properly configured DSDTs for most Gigabyte motherboards. I recommend you first try the MultiBeast solution for comfort and peace of mind. If the Audio doesn't work you can choose the AppleHDA.kext (remember safe-mode doesn't have audio enabled).

3) Use any text edit app in windows that is able to save text files as .RTF (Rich Text).

4) Just realize that iBoot supported may take a few minutes to initialize, so don't panic that it is not doing anything. This only applies during initial install. After success iBoot supported starts up swiftly. Some have reported up to 20 minutes wait before any activity for the first initial install using iBoot. This is normal. When I used iBoot Supported I had to wait approx 4 minutes before any activity (when it is still registering darwin).

5) You can also use any USB or Flash Card such as SD Cards for transferring files back n forth to Snow Leopard (whilst in safe-mode too). Well, I was able to nevertheless (check signature for hardware referrals). You can also use NTFS drives in Apple (Apple will read them but will not write to them).

I am wondering why you say to boot in safe mode? Do I boot in safe mode before I even install anything?
What kexts will I have to use for this mobo, if I am using its DSDT?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back