Graphics
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Sorry to see all the trouble people are having. I consider myself lucky in that my v1.0 installation was trouble free in every respect, ie, no sleep, audio or USB issues. As a newbie I had less (no) trouble than a typical Windows (pre 7) install. It is clear that v 2.0 is a difficult install. Maybe v 1.0 is now unavailable, but it works like a charm. Hope the revisions/updates come along soon!

Re: PA-55-USB3 rev 1.0 is what you want if you can get it

that's true. Everything works fine with the ga-p55-usb3 rev.1. Althoug I think USB3 will not work ;)

do you guys get to sleep mode and wake up normally as well?

fecklessness said:
do you guys get to sleep mode and wake up normally as well?
with a DSDT i'm pretty sure it works fine. if it isn't working for you try opening up energy saver in system preferences and ticking all three checkboxes.

Eh, I think 889a boards are better. Scored a UD6 for $150.

I meant v 1.0 for this board compared to v 2.0; there may certainly be better overall choices. Then again this board was so easy :p Dumb luck.

Sleep/wake is perfect

DVD spins up every so often though

it seems like using a sony optiarc or pioneer dvd drive fixes that problem.

tchap1 said:
I meant v 1.0 for this board compared to v 2.0; there may certainly be better overall choices. Then again this board was so easy :p Dumb luck.

Sleep/wake is perfect

DVD spins up every so often though

I have a 2.0 with an LG DVD drive and haven't noticed any spinning noises. How loud is it?

just the occasional whir of it for a few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back