Contribute
Register

P-State Stepper Error 18 ... after OSX El Capitan booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 > Need full model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GT 430
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. maybe anyone know how solve this issue.

i have Z68X-UD3H-B3 , i7 CPU & NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 .
yosemite OS X works great with kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

osx 10.11 can't boot http://postimg.org/image/6j37mnwwh/

thanks in advice!

I have the same motherboard and the same problem. I resolve it using iMac13,1 instead of the default Mac Pro 3,1 in the system Definitions.

having this issue as well - so far what has worked for me was -f graphichsenabler=0

the problem is gone when i disabled CPU EIST in the bios

having this issue as well - so far what has worked for me was -f graphichsenabler=0

graphichsenabler=0 is nonsense - Boot flags are case sensitive, get them wrong and they have no effect.

It should be GraphicsEnabler=0 (or more commonly GraphicsEnabler=No).

Thank you. I have the same motherboard (with i5 2500k) and was getting the same error. All fixed now, and El Capitan is booting fine.

i was getting the same problem only sometimes... sometimes it would start up fine, others it wouldn't, but every time it failed to start up I got the same error message (freakishly on an LG monitor and an oak desk like nommex's image, I had to check to make sure you hadn't used my picture, not that it would of bothered me if he had - weird rambling over)

I think it failed to start up if it had previously crashed (because its not waking from sleep correctly - USB wakes it up but doesn't start the monitor and then USB totally dead)

But anyway, massive digressions aside, I've changed the CPU EIST to disabled and I'll see if it ever does it again...

thanks for that - can you tell me where i can find that please as i cant find it ?

i have same MB as you

thanks !

i cant find CPU EIST in bios

where is it

i looked up on google but in my bios nothing I couldnt find : //

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back