Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce Gt 640
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I have mac os installed on a gigabyte z77x ud5h motherboard with a gigabyte gt640 graphics card. I'm using a grundig gu22wdvd3 HD TV as my screen. I could never get mac os to fit to the exact screen size, so I unticked the overscan and it had a small black border around the screen which worked fine. On this installation, I initially installed mountain lion, and then later updated to mavericks.

I've just bought a new SSD and I've installed mavericks to it. When I untick the overscan option in the mac display settings, it looks just like it did on the other installation. However, when I reboot, the picturedoesn't fit to the screen it's bigger. When I inspect the overscan setting, it's still unticked. To get it right, I have tick it, and then untick it again. I have to do this after every reboot.

Does anyone know why this is?

I've also tried playing around with custom resolutions with switchResX. I managed to find the right resolution. However, when I reboot, the mac splash/loading screen displays correctly, but then the screen goes blank and the tv reports "No HDMI input". I have to turn off the tv and turn it back on again in order to get a picture. I don't understand why this is.

Also, there are no settings to play around with on the tv. I've already tried.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Solved the problem by reinstalling OSx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back