Contribute
Register

Overscan Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
Xeon > Need Full model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GT640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have just installed Chimera / MultiBeast and it works like a charm :clap:

Except - The desktop hangs off the edge of my HDTV. When I turn off "Overscan", I get a screen full of pixels changing colour that looks like static but isn't.

I've had a look on the boards for a solution, but I'm reluctant to be adding fixes from disparate parts.
The one solution I've found is "DisplayConfigX" which I can't get my head round, but also feel that there must be a solution in, say, the DSDT?

Any help would be much appreciated

OK! So here's what I've been up to since I posted last :banghead:

• Searched the internet for some inspiration[/*:m:3f5el6o0]
  • Using 'Share Screen', deselected Overscan, and tried all resolutions[/*:m:3f5el6o0]
  • Changed the video card out for a HIS HD 2600Pro, and as far as I can tell from the boards, the 2600pro has never worked and it didn't work for me[/*:m:3f5el6o0]
  • Added EFI string to boot.plist[/*:m:3f5el6o0]
  • Using 'Share Screen', deselected Overscan, and 'Restart...', then tried all resolutions[/*:m:3f5el6o0]

The point about using 'Share Screen' is that even though I get the screen noise on the main screen, the net connected screen stays stable.

I have been using this hardware for a while now with an EFI-X 1.0 dongle and Leo. The screen was compressed a little, so there was a black boarder round the edge of the screen. That was more tolerable than having it hanging over the edge, so you can't see the top menu bar or dock, wherever you put it :crazy:

I would go out and get a new card, but one thing I have gleaned is that card/monitor combo is a key factor. :beachball:

One other thing that I'm going to try, and it will probably work, is use an DVI2SVGA cable. I just need to dig the cable out over the weekend. The reason I have not done this before is that the last time I used it the screen resolution options were limited. However, I'm using a whole set of new software now, thanks to tonymacx86 :headbang:

Any comments would be much appreciated

I got the same problem when i plugged my tv in via hdmi but all i had to do to switch pc mode on the telly settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back