Contribute
Register

Override EDID, for display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, im a german and my english is not so good but i hope you understand me well !!

i've got a problem I cant fix since a couple of weeks. i hope really you can help me !!

my problem is the intern display of my HP G72. i just cant set it in a high resolution and i dont have a QE/CI !

i use ML 10.8 and a Ati 5430 !! i allready wrote my Device id from the Ati 5430 in the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext under Cedar.

with the vga port by using a external monitor everything is allright ! high resolution and QE/CI
works well !!
only the intern display won't work!!

i've read out the Edid of the intern display with different programs! it also wont work with the fixed DisplayProductID-717 !

everytime when i use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes i get a blackscreen after the loadingscreen with the apple bootlogo

i use the bootloader Chimera 1.11.1 and Chameleon-2.1svn-r2059 but without any results ! everytime i get the blackscreen after the loadingscreen with the apple bootlogo.

in the chameleon bootplist i tryed different framebuffers like hoolock and Eulemur but without any results.

i really dont know what i am doing wrong !! i also copy the data in the Plist Editor Pro and than copy the Edid string und sychronised it. after that i copy all into the DisplayProductID-717 with a texteditor and finally i repaired the volume of the OSx partition with the harddisk service programm.

the result of everithing i do is just a blackscreen with the GraphicsEnabler=yes

maybe somebody can check my data !! i really be thankfull if somebody can help me !!! please i get sick of this !!!

i hope somebody of you understand my bad english and can help me soon!

thanks a lot ! nice hopefully greetings by kasi
EDID can be used only after your display is attached to Frameuffer.Then this is not a problem!

What you say sounds like you have not found the connector of framebuffer:
if you have injected right data in ATI/AMD kexts, so, GraphicsEnabler is just beautiful in System Profiler and not really needed.

But I think you also need to have a patched ATI5000Controller.kext.

Attached you can find ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext, just edited, with 68e1:1002 device ID injected in both, according to what I found in Chameleon source:

Code:
{ [COLOR=#272ad8]0x68E1[/COLOR],    [COLOR=#272ad8]0x1426103C[/COLOR], CHIP_FAMILY_CEDAR,        [COLOR=#d12f1b]"ATI Radeon HD 5430M"[/COLOR],                  kEulemur    },

I put also org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist of iMac 9.1 model to try.

So, make a backup of your kexts and Extra folder, and replace all my files.
Repair permission and cache, and if you can not do this, because the System has black screen, booting with your USB stick (using for Installation) and repair permissions with "Disk Utility" and then reboot normally.
Try at boot different AtiPorts=1 or 2 etc, also a simply GraphicsEnabler=No .....or nothing!

If this does not work, ay ay, maybe you need to edit the "Custom Personalities" in ATI5000Controller ediding the binary....
.....or no other ideas by me!

Attachments

• for Kasy99.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 281
Hallo Micky1979

First of all i would like to thank you for your support!

I have used and installed your files but without any results! i also tryed every ATIports 1-4 with and without the GraphicsEnabler !

by using GraphicsEnabler = yes i got a blackscreen everytime !

did i have to do repair permission, after every change of the org.chameleon.Boot.plist by using kext utility???

i installed your kext in S/L/E!

with kext i need to keep and which can i delte from S/L/E ?

These are all of my kext under S/L/E:

AMDRadeonAccelerator
AMDRadeonVADriver
AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver

ATI2400Controller
ATI2600Controller
ATI3800Controller
ATI4600Controller
ATI4800Controller
ATI5000Controller
ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX2000
ATIRadeonX2000GA
ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver
ATIRadeonX2000VADriver
ATISupport

in your bootplist under ATIconfig you have none Framebuffers insert. should i insert them in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist ? is this maybe the error ?

it really ****s me up !!! i havent any other ideas !! without high resolution and without QE/CI it dont make sense !!

my last chance "Custom Personalities" in ATI5000Controller ediding the binary….?? but it sounds verry difficult and i dont know how to do. pleaaaaaaase help !!!! thank you verry much !!!!! kasi

Hallo Micky1979

First of all i would like to thank you for your support!

I have used and installed your files but without any results! i also tryed every ATIports 1-4 with and without the GraphicsEnabler !

by using GraphicsEnabler = yes i got a blackscreen everytime !

did i have to do repair permission, after every change of the org.chameleon.Boot.plist by using kext utility???

i installed your kext in S/L/E!

with kext i need to keep and which can i delte from S/L/E ?

These are all of my kext under S/L/E:

AMDRadeonAccelerator
AMDRadeonVADriver
AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver

ATI2400Controller
ATI2600Controller
ATI3800Controller
ATI4600Controller
ATI4800Controller
ATI5000Controller
ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX2000
ATIRadeonX2000GA
ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver
ATIRadeonX2000VADriver
ATISupport

in your bootplist under ATIconfig you have none Framebuffers insert. should i insert them in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist ? is this maybe the error ?

it really ****s me up !!! i havent any other ideas !! without high resolution and without QE/CI it dont make sense !!

my last chance "Custom Personalities" in ATI5000Controller ediding the binary….?? but it sounds verry difficult and i dont know how to do. pleaaaaaaase help !!!! thank you verry much !!!!! kasi

No permission repair needed after Extra content replacing (no with Kext Utility), needed for S/L/E sure!

No framebuffer set, because is already set in info.plist in AMD/ATI kext:

Eulemur

this is already the default choice by the bootloader:

kEulemur

"k" means that you can change the Framebuffer injected by bootloader if that does not work, using another!
to do this, you can try at boot time using AtiConfig=Hoolock and AtiPorts=1, for example (using GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

Sorry, I have not asked for one important thing:

What resolution have your internal display?
.......important thing is this .......

Hi Micky1979,

i have not ideas more:crazy:!

with VGA high resolution and QE/CI! GraphicsEnabler=Yes! (without Framebuffer Settings in the boot.plist) Work!!!

with Internal LCD of Notebook not works! with GraphicsEnabler=Yes Blackscreen! despite edid insert!

i have RegistryDump uploaded! possibly find someone the error!

look my screenshorts!

Internal LCD max resolution 1024!

greeting by Kasi

Attachments

• Internal LCD.png
    Internal LCD.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 577
  • VGA.jpg
    VGA.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 601
  • RegistryDump.rar
    242.1 KB · Views: 165
Hi Micky1979,

i have not ideas more:crazy:!

with VGA high resolution and QE/CI! GraphicsEnabler=Yes! (without Framebuffer Settings in the boot.plist) Work!!!

with Internal LCD of Notebook not works! with GraphicsEnabler=Yes Blackscreen! despite edid insert!

i have RegistryDump uploaded! possibly find someone the error!

look my screenshorts!

Internal LCD max resolution 1024!

greeting by Kasi
Framebuffer seems to work (Eulemur), but I asked you what resolution does your display, but you did not say!

Sorry, I have not asked for one important thing:

What resolution have your internal display?
.......important thing is this .......

Mine is 1600x900 pixels, your as it is?

Good Morning Micky1979!

yes my Display max resolution 1600x900 pixels!
OK! Need to patch the dsdt (Dual Link patch ;))! ..... Maybe this is the final touch!
Post your dsdt with .dsl extension, if you do not have....... extract from Windows.
To do this, download DSDT Editor from Olaria:

DSDTEditor_Linux_Windows.zip

Open the folder and double clic on "DSDT Editor.bat", If you receive error is most likely because you don't have Java installed, so downloads and installs it:

http://www.java.com/it/download/ (or look for your country)

When you have done this, launch still always "DSDT Editor.bat"......now it works!!!

When the program is open, select

File==>Extract DSDT

then

File==>Save DSL as... ==> choice name like Kasi99.dsl

After, compress in .zip archive and post it

Look for you

Good Morning Micky1979!

Thank you very much for your Time and Help!:thumbup:

here is my file!

Attachments

• Kasi99.dsl.rar
    37.6 KB · Views: 158
Good Morning Micky1979!

Thank you very much for your Time and Help!:thumbup:

here is my file!
Ok, try!

Put it in the "Extra" folder and reboot..........hoping:D

Micky

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 189
Hello, i would need more help... i got a Gateway NV5909h laptop with a radeon mobility 5650, and i can't boot my Mountain Lion 10.8 using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. All i get is a black screen.

I tried editing the manual override with the following.

DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/DisplayProductID-717

Here is my Display file as follow :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DisplayProductID</key>
<integer>1815</integer>
<key>DisplayProductName</key>
<string>Color LCD</string>
<key>DisplayVendorID</key>
<integer>1970170734</integer>
<key>IODisplayEDID</key>
<data>
AP///////wBMo0FBAAAAAAATAQOAIhN4Co2lnVtVnCYZUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB
AQEBQRxWoFAAFjAwICUAWMEQAAAZAAAADwAAAAAAAAAAAB60AnQAAAAA/gBTQU1TVU5H
CiAgICAgAAAA/gAxNTZBVDAyLUEwNAogAO8=
</data>
</dict>
</plist>

everything seems OK, i get a black screen at boot using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, if i plug an HDMI connector, i get the screen and my radeon card is detected..... i think i can't get my LVDS to work

I dumped the VBIOS.DMP using AIA64. I am stuck right now... is there any way somebody can edit my Ati5000Controller.Kext

Here is my EDID, my VBIOS attached. Thanks !

Attachments

• good EID.txt
    172 bytes · Views: 279
  • vgabios.zip
    38.1 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back