Contribute
Register

Override EDID, for display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micky1979 said:
Then, just do nothing?

I said in "Windows", because OEM manufacturer may make changes to the EEPROM using the display INF files (stored in registry, and Overriding it), having a Branding...or to be sure, that is the original or the right one (It may be possible that INF had data as the original in the EEPROM)

INF files, is file for Override the display EEPROM in Windows:

OSX does not read key from Regedit.exe, and If EEPROM is corrupt, OSx what to do? (.....apply a generic 717 files)

If there is no INF files, Windows and OSX read the same thing.

I think if Manufacturer has created INF, had to fix anything....or to be sure

Doing this,
assumes you have problems with Dislplay, otherwise do nothing, because if all goes well not notice the difference!
;)

No, no, you got me wrong, I'm just saying that if the information stored in the EEPROM is wrong, you will get wrong dump on every OS, not specific in Windows or OSX. As a matter of fact, I think the source of the artifacts problem on every SandyBridge laptop with HD3000 graphics is exactly this misssing information. I never had any artifact problems on my ProBook just because I've generated this information according to you post and the corresponding post in the InsanelyMac forums :).

philip_petev said:
Micky1979 said:
Then, just do nothing?

I said in "Windows", because OEM manufacturer may make changes to the EEPROM using the display INF files (stored in registry, and Overriding it), having a Branding...or to be sure, that is the original or the right one (It may be possible that INF had data as the original in the EEPROM)

INF files, is file for Override the display EEPROM in Windows:

OSX does not read key from Regedit.exe, and If EEPROM is corrupt, OSx what to do? (.....apply a generic 717 files)

If there is no INF files, Windows and OSX read the same thing.

I think if Manufacturer has created INF, had to fix anything....or to be sure

Doing this,
assumes you have problems with Dislplay, otherwise do nothing, because if all goes well not notice the difference!
;)

No, no, you got me wrong, I'm just saying that if the information stored in the EEPROM is wrong, you will get wrong dump on every OS, not specific in Windows or OSX. As a matter of fact, I think the source of the artifacts problem on every SandyBridge laptop with HD3000 graphics is exactly this misssing information. I never had any artifact problems on my ProBook just because I've generated this information according to you post and the corresponding post in the InsanelyMac forums :).
Hey I'm not offended :lol: , and did not want to hurt you! I love to talk on this Forum! :D
I just wanted to reiterate that if anyone needs a healthy EDID can dump from Windows to capture "usable data" If INF is compiled, or at least try. Obviously if Raw data are the same, not change anything, and incorrect data should also cause malfunctions in other OS .. but it never happens (if the notebook is defective, it is also when you just bought!)

only this

Artifact is a term to study, I do not think there is something EDID can improve. Incorrect EDID causing really serious problems that make the notebook unusable! Artifacts that are seen on the HD3000, are nothing in comparison ... IMHO think they are generated by different things!

Maybe you're right, and I'd better clarify some points on the first post

good hack :)

Micky1979 said:
Artifact is a term to study, I do not think there is something EDID can improve. Incorrect EDID causing really serious problems that make the notebook unusable! Artifacts that are seen on the HD3000, are nothing in comparison ... IMHO think they are generated by different things!

This makes me think just the opposite. :) This guy claims that the SwitchResX is the solution, but I'm not quite convinced. I saw the EDID data generated by this program for his laptop display. It's true, the content of the file was different (it contains several additional keys, beside the keys, described in your post, which I was unable to understand, because they are binary encoded), but I'm not sure that these differences has anything to do with his glitch-free system. I'm currently working on a shell script, which will generate this information automatically, you want to take a look?

Micky1979 said:
@philip_petev I would be happy to see your work :D

here the original guide for Override EDID on insanelymac_:

http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index ... pic=208410

P.S. try to convert the HEX to BASE64........PlistEdit do this automatically.

Here it is. It's currently work in progress, so I'm expecting a few bugs. Currently, it dumps only the laptop display information and generates the necessary data in the folder where the script is located. I'm planning to make it install the generated data in its proper location (/System/Library/Displays/Overrides), but first I have to be sure that the core functionality is working. I made it especially for my ProBook, but I think it will work on any laptop with HD3000 graphics.

Micky1979 said:

It is done even without PlistEdit Pro, look the script at line 21.

Attachments

• genEDID.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 356
philip_petev said:
Micky1979 said:
@philip_petev I would be happy to see your work :D

here the original guide for Override EDID on insanelymac_:

http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index ... pic=208410

Here it is. It's currently work in progress, so I'm expecting a few bugs. Currently, it dumps only the laptop display information and generates the necessary data in the folder where the script is located. I'm planning to make it install the generated data in its proper location (/System/Library/Displays/Overrides), but first I have to be sure that the core functionality is working. I made it especially for my ProBook, but I think it will work on any laptop with HD3000 graphics.

Micky1979 said:

It is done even without PlistEdit Pro, look the script at line 21.
It seems to work,
just curios, you are going to include repair root/well permission, or do it all in PakageMaker postinstall script :cool: ?

good job :headbang:

Suggestion:

maybe in PackageMaker, you can install in "temp" folder in the first, then in proper directory......... possible workaround ...?

Micky1979 said:
It seems to work,
just curios, you are going to include repair root/well permission, or do it all in PakageMaker postinstall script :cool: ?

Suggestion:

maybe in PackageMaker, you can install in "temp" folder in the first, then in proper directory......... possible workaround ...?

Yes, the point is to be included in our ProBook Installer, if it proves to be a solution. That's why is this commented root execution check at the beginning of the script.

philip_petev said:
Micky1979 said:
It seems to work,

Suggestion:

Yes, the point is to be included in our ProBook Installer, if it proves to be a solution. That's why is this commented root execution check at the beginning of the script.
Try this in PackageMaker, is a simply script I wrote... :D

Tell me if it works

EDIT

old script removed

Installer at first post

Added Installer for Notebook at first post!

hey guys, im a german and my english is not so good but i hope you understand me well !!

i've got a problem I cant fix since a couple of weeks. i hope really you can help me !!

my problem is the intern display of my HP G72. i just cant set it in a high resolution and i dont have a QE/CI !

i use ML 10.8 and a Ati 5430 !! i allready wrote my Device id from the Ati 5430 in the AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext under Cedar.

with the vga port by using a external monitor everything is allright ! high resolution and QE/CI
works well !!
only the intern display won't work!!

i've read out the Edid of the intern display with different programs! it also wont work with the fixed DisplayProductID-717 !

everytime when i use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes i get a blackscreen after the loadingscreen with the apple bootlogo

i use the bootloader Chimera 1.11.1 and Chameleon-2.1svn-r2059 but without any results ! everytime i get the blackscreen after the loadingscreen with the apple bootlogo.

in the chameleon bootplist i tryed different framebuffers like hoolock and Eulemur but without any results.

i really dont know what i am doing wrong !! i also copy the data in the Plist Editor Pro and than copy the Edid string und sychronised it. after that i copy all into the DisplayProductID-717 with a texteditor and finally i repaired the volume of the OSx partition with the harddisk service programm.

the result of everithing i do is just a blackscreen with the GraphicsEnabler=yes

maybe somebody can check my data !! i really be thankfull if somebody can help me !!! please i get sick of this !!!

i hope somebody of you understand my bad english and can help me soon!

thanks a lot ! nice hopefully greetings by kasi

Attachments

• DisplayProductID-717.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 302
  • RAW EDID.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 303
  • my lcd id´s.txt
    138 bytes · Views: 356
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back