Contribute
Register

Overpowered Gaming Laptop Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Chinese guys have worked out pretty perfectly for Mechrevo Z2 which is using the same Tongfang gk5cn6z as in the overpowered 15+. The hardware is almost, if not perfectly, identical: 8750h + gtx1060 + HM370 + intel ac 9560 + ALC269VC + I2C Tpad. Their bios and ec can be flashed onto overpowered 15+. (Their latest bios has more options than op15's, but it throttles the CPU more.)

They were able to get everything working in Mojave (after replacing the wifi card by DW1560), except the GTX1060 (not because there's no Nvidia web driver for Mojave, they mentioned the motherboard makes that impossible yet). No GTX1060 means no external monitors. The iGPU works after disabling the GTX1060.

Simply replacing with their EFI, the keyboard, usb, ethernet, IGPU and sleep work. The rest (audio, trackpad, battery, etc) doesn't work. I tried flash their bios and ec, no improvement. I don't know why, the hardware seems exactly the same.
If you are interested, here's their latest EFI: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CKDKafwRkKc4UFJ5Di72upjpLCt0RMB2

I do not game on pc but I bought op15+ for the cpu (and price of course) and the great chasis/form factor. The cpu scores about the same or slightly better than the i7 in 2018 Mac mini in Cinebench (I got 1250 in win10). The mini has more ports and native Apple support, but this laptop has gtx1060, expandable storage, 144hz screen, and lower price.

did you ever get this working i have a overpowered 17+ no keyboard or trackpad or wifi or audio working yet, but after i used your link to EFI i could boot and install after reboot no keyboard or trackpad, wifi, audio can you help

I got Mojave working and everything but wifi is not working need help with intel ac 9560

I got Mojave working and everything but wifi is not working need help with intel ac 9560
What settings did you use to install on the 17+? I'm getting stuck at "VoodooPs2MouseStarting." and can't get to the installer.

What settings did you use to install on the 17+? I'm getting stuck at "VoodooPs2MouseStarting." and can't get to the installer.
How were you able to get everything but wi-fi to work? I have the same laptop, but can't boot to the installer.

I used the google drive like in this thread and it worked for me

Did you change anything in the BIOS? I only have secure boot turned off.

Did you change anything in the BIOS? I only have secure boot turned off.

i turned off virtualization in bios and changed Hard drive boot type from UEFI to the other option. there was only two options sorry i cant remember the name.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I just needed to update my BIOS (updated to 1.08 from 1.03). Got me to the installer at least. Let’s see how things go after run through the installation.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I just needed to update my BIOS (updated to 1.08 from 1.03). Got me to the installer at least. Let’s see how things go after run through the installation.

how did it work out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back