Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 SC2
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I had delidded my cpu and used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste when I relidded inside and outside for connecting to the cooler. The machine runs stable with cores fluctuating between 35ºc and 43ºc but when I try to render, especially in Cinema 4d, it starts to hit 80º and 90º.. which I assume is bad since overheating alarms are going off.

Followed this video for my overclock -
These are the bios settings from that overclock-

xmp -> enabled
Asus multicore enhancement -> Disabled
Ave instruction core ratio negative offset -> 3
cpu core ratio -> sync all cores
1- core ratio limit -> 50
Cpu svid support -> disabled
External digi+ power control
Cpu load-line calibration -> level 6
Internal cpu power management
Going duration package tower limit -> max 4095
Short duration package power limit -> max 4095
Cpu core/cache current limit max. -> max 255.50
Max cpu cache ratio -> 42
Max cpu cache ratio -> 42
Bulk aware adaptive voltage -> disabled
Cpu core / cache voltage -> 1.35

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel spec says 100C is max operating temperature, so you are still within limit...

Reading other OC & stress related stuff, your case doesn't seem to be too unusual.

You aren't able to push the rendering out to the 1070? I don't use C4d so don't know how that works.

Doesn't seem to be possible to do that.. Unless I was using just a gpu renderer, I think. Really starting to wonder if it's a thermal paste or attachment issue. I had the relidded the cpu but didn't complete the build for a few weeks so it was just sitting there.

Reading other OC & stress related stuff, your case doesn't seem to be too unusual.

You aren't able to push the rendering out to the 1070? I don't use C4d so don't know how that works.

Try using the ProRender setting.

Try Fake SMC with only CPU sensor.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back