Contribute
Register

Overheating and graphics glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have unnistalled iStat, disabled dropbox, cloud app and temperature in HW Monitor is 60° - thats too much, as I wanna use OSX as my main system...
I will probably try to create my own patched dsdt with you tutorial.

I would also try a fresh install... Just to eliminate post-install variables. It is a basic troubleshooting strategy...

But before that I will update my BIOS to F.20 - If I do it, will OSX boot normally if I had in /Extra/ DSDT do BIOS F.0A ?

Thanks.

I think it will. At one time I was using F.20 DSDT from Installer but running later version of BIOS. I've never had F.0A BIOS, as I upgraded to F.20 right after getting my laptop but before ever installing OS X. It might be wise to capture F.20 DSDT from the Probook installer and store it somewhere convenient just in case you need it.

Well, I updated BIOS and used F20 DSDT from Installer and temperature is still around 60°C ... :(
So, I'm going to make my own DSDT - but I can't download your patches from github. Can you upload it here?

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. All HW monitors which I tried show temps around 60° in idle, but the air which goes from fan is same cold as in windows which shows around 30° degrees, so It's only shows bad numbers... I hope :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back